Fly-in - hunting truck setup

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
If you were going to fly-in to your DIY elk hunt somewhere and had access to your transportation when you got there, what would you like to see equipped on that rig? Something where you could simply pick-up at airport, throw your pack, sleeping bag, gun/bow & clothes in and head for a location in the mountains to start hunting and the other important things you needed were all ready to go in the rig.

For example:
Ford Raptor with camper-shell with roof-rack/luggage compartment on it? Or, setup with some sort of bed-rail system and small wall-tent/roof-tent system, camp stove, coolers full of ice, etc. Not too extravagant, keeping in mind space available in pickup bed but, has what a guy(s) would need to jump in it and head out. I'm thinking through some options and thought I would ask for some more feedback from others to see if I am missing something essential for a grab-and-go setup.

bsnedeker

WKR
If I was looking for something like that I would want a small 4WD truck with a couple of large coolers full of ice and a 6-man tent that is easy to put up/take down so I could move around quickly if my area us busted...this is assuming a September hunt. If later season I'd probably prefer a wall tent with a stove. Truck needs to have an emergency kit with a battery pack and compressor and ideally a winch on the front with a snatch block and straps inside the truck...stuff like that.

sneaky

"DADDY"
4wd camper van with a diesel heater setup and recovery gear. Park, sleep, hunt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wildone

FNG
I'll second the small 4x4 PU/ topper and some coolers , but would recomend a Kifaru 8 or 12 man tipi and wood stove. Think light and fast. Not sure if your hunting early bow or late season but for the later I would want a set of tire chains and a few road flares. A winch and snatch block could come in handy and a small chain saw.