Fly fishing and camping in Stanley ID

Hey guys,

The wife and I are heading up to Boise from Salt Lake tomorrow and going to stop for a couple days in Stanley to camp and fish. I’ve hunted a good bit around Ketchum but never been to Stanley. Wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a good stream to hit where we might be able to throw a tent down nearby.

Also looks like there’s a couple of bars and restaurants in town. Any recommendations or places to avoid?

Thanks!
Josh

Camped just north of town at a FS campground. The river was real shallow there but good fishing further up the river just a few minutes. There is a hot spring tub 10 minutes north of town on the side of the river too. It's on the Salmon river so fishing is all over.

OP
EchoLimaKilo
Camped just north of town at a FS campground. The river was real shallow there but good fishing further up the river just a few minutes. There is a hot spring tub 10 minutes north of town on the side of the river too. It's on the Salmon river so fishing is all over.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I figure it shouldn’t be too difficult to find a spot just didn’t know if I’d have to be driving around to find good river access or whatnot. I’ll definitely look into the hot spring tub too, thank you