Flush 6ARC mags?

Considering something like a howa mini or a Ruger American gen 2 but the long mags are holding me back because I often times hold the rifle there.

Anyone know if a good solution? Ruger takes AR style mags but couldn’t find a 3 round AR mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do believe you can swap out the mag for a traditional bottom metal style set up on the howa. Otherwise, magpul makes round limiters for their mags.

There's a fairly easy mod to the factory 5 round that makes it a nearly flush 3 round. I don't remember exactly how long it took me, but I'm certain it was less than an hour. The bottom plate slides off, and there is a rib placed just right to cut the portion off below it and slide the plate back on. I cut it a little long and sanded it off a little at a time to end up nice and snug with no rattles.

Attachments

• PXL_20230426_024933488.jpg
    PXL_20230426_024933488.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20230426_024552701.jpg
    PXL_20230426_024552701.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 19
Here is one way to do the Howa mag chop.

I do not have a comment on mag length but I went to Scheels the other day and the display had Tikka rifles right next to the Ruger Gen 2. I cycled the bolt on both rifles several times going back and forth. They felt very similar.

There's a fairly easy mod to the factory 5 round that makes it a nearly flush 3 round. I don't remember exactly how long it took me, but I'm certain it was less than an hour. The bottom plate slides off, and there is a rib placed just right to cut the portion off below it and slide the plate back on. I cut it a little long and sanded it off a little at a time to end up nice and snug with no rattles.

If that’s a 6ARC, what kind of velocity are you getting with what bullet/barrel length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is one way to do the Howa mag chop.

That's the process I used.

Back