Floor Jack - Good budget options?

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
Well I need to get a floor jack for the garage. I've survived on a bottle jack for 10 years but finally gave in. I'm working on a friends beater car alot and it sits low to the ground. Tired if messing with the bottle jack.

I purchased a huskey from HD, used once and returned. It barly fit under the frame and it kind of sucked all around. Got the bigger husky low pro jack from HD, and it also sucked and was returned.

Any recommendations on a 3 ton low pro? Would like one that doesn't fall apart but doesn't cost 140 bucks either....thanks

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
Its a bit more than $140, but I can't recommend the Harbor Freight Daytona 3-Ton Low Profile jack enough. Its a snap-on floor jack with different branding.

CorbLand

WKR

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I have had good luck with a NAPA branded low profile jack for about 6 years. I actually have two to make rotating tires easier.

hunterjmj

WKR
I got a Red Brand or Big Red 4 ton from Tractor supply that I use regularly. I think it was $260 or something. Does the job.
I also use jack stands as well.

OP
S

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the input guys, looks like the harbor freight is the one to get

dtrkyman

WKR
I saw an adapter for jacks someone makes for lifted trucks on an off road recovery channel on youtube, not sure the name or which channel?

Yeah like that^^^

Poser

WKR
May be hard to find a 3 ton Jack with a low enough profile to sit under a car. I have noticed they have gotten real expensive. I have one I bought around 20 years ago for $40.

OP
S

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
May be hard to find a 3 ton Jack with a low enough profile to sit under a car. I have noticed they have gotten real expensive. I have one I bought around 20 years ago for $40.
Yea the husky one fit just barley. I can drive it ontop of a 2x4 to get some extra height if needed.

It is ridiculous what stuff costs nowadays. I wanted to be around 50-75 bucks for this, but that only buys shitty husky ones that aren't worth owning. Hopefully this harbor freight one works out. Will need to go donante some plasma so I can afford it....

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
I've also owned the Harbor Freight jack for around 8 years and it works great for everything. Was able to get it under a car with hydraulic suspension that failed, which made it a low rider until fixed.

Me and a bunch of my friends are pretty into modified diesels as a hobby. Or profession for quite a few.

The vast majority of us are using and abusing Harbor Freight floor jacks.

CorbLand

WKR
Yea the husky one fit just barley. I can drive it ontop of a 2x4 to get some extra height if needed.

It is ridiculous what stuff costs nowadays. I wanted to be around 50-75 bucks for this, but that only buys shitty husky ones that aren't worth owning. Hopefully this harbor freight one works out. Will need to go donante some plasma so I can afford it....
Mine fits under my wife’s Kia Optima no problem.

Scorpion

WKR
I need one for lifted trucks, if anyone has a good option.
If you need more than 22-24” lifting capacity, your next best option is a ProEagle 3 ton.