FLDS Claims Ntl Forrest Land

Poser

WKR
A fundamentalist sect of the LDS claims that 1,000 acres of NF land outside of Mancos, CO is their’s, citing the Homstead Act of 1862.

This is unit 73 in Colorado. Chicken Creek area to be specific. I’ve hunted this area before myself. In the last few weeks there have been reports of domestic dogs dying from poisoned coyote bait near the campground area which is in or very near the area in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

Poser

WKR
f021752a77a02e3d2469e251b0f03a53.jpg

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
A fundamentalist sect of the LDS claims that 1,000 acres of NF land outside of Mancos, CO is their’s, citing the Homstead Act of 1862.

This is unit 73 in Colorado. Chicken Creek area to be specific. I’ve hunted this area before myself. In the last few weeks there have been reports of domestic dogs dying from poisoned coyote bait near the campground area which is in or very near the area in question.

I hunted the area last month. I'd bet $ the dogs dying issue is related.

The homestead act was repealed decades ago so a new claim is a non starter. Is that all they’re basing it on or is there more to it?

OP
P

Poser

WKR
I hunted the area last month. I'd bet $ the dogs dying issue is related.

When I first saw the posts about dogs being poisoned, my thought was “the only person with an invested stake in killing coyotes would be the individual with the grazing permit.” On further thought, that person wouldn’t possibly be that stupid, so I was left to wonder who benefits from poisoning coyotes on public land? This now makes sense.

There is a group of locals who are apparently intending to show up and remove the fence themselves. I don’t imagine a confrontation ending well for the “homesteaders”

Wyo_hntr

WKR
It would appear that this location is within the boundaries of the fictional state of Deseret. Must be theirs then....

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, I sure hope the fence removal planned for today proceeds safely. This Free Land Holder group sounds like a cult that wants to grab land, using religion to bolster their highly-questionable legal claim.