Fishing in Wyoming Antelope unit 7?

Drew Tags for Wyoming unit 7 Antelope for this fall. gonna be out there for 2 weeks, so we were looking to do some fishing while we are out there. Anyone know of any good public spots in the area they are willing to share??

go_deep

WKR
Yeah, there's not much of anything there other than a few ponds with catfish, crappie, and bass. Need to go up to the hills or west aways.

go_deep is correct, there are very few places to fish in Antelope Hunt Area 7.

Keyhole Reservoir is just north in HA 3 and Sand Creek is south of Beulah near the South Dakota border.

LAK Reservoir is east of Newcastle, WY and there is a small pond in the town of Newcastle on the golf course.

Black Hills Power and Light Reservoir is near Osage, WY

ClearCreek

OP
M
Yeah I was kinda gathering that by looking at the maps. lol

Ok, how about decent fishing in the east/ Southeast part of the state? If we kill out in decent time dont mind driving to check some spots out. Coming from the Southeast anyway (Southen IL) so will head back that way after the hunt.

@Midwest_Hunt ,Good luck with your antelope hunt, and don't be too picky. I've been hunting pronghorns and/or muleys in that area for the last 4 years. Each year prospects have gotten worse and worse due to CWD, EHD, serious drought and multiple back to back late winter/early spring severe storms. So much so, that I've decided to hunt blacktails this year instead.

wytx

WKR
There is tons of good fishing in SE Wyoming.
Get your pronghorn first then drop down and fish a few days.
We've got lakes, rivers, small streams, mtn ponds ,etc. and a variety of fish to catch.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
With any luck, I'll be following a similar game plan for our hunt in 7 but I've determined that if we tag out early it will be better to head back east into the South Dakota Black Hills for the trout fishing.

I was through 7 this May returning from a fishing trip in SE Wyoming and as mentioned above I wouldn't be picky. The Antelope population was vastly different from just a few years ago when we hunted there just a few years ago.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
I was through 7 this May returning from a fishing trip in SE Wyoming and as mentioned above I wouldn't be picky. The Antelope population was vastly different from just a few years ago when we hunted there just a few years ago.
I keep hearing such things. Hopefully the large cut in tags will give enough room to breathe and to find a couple of goats. Having never been, I'm hoping my goal of helping my dad connect and maybe find one for myself can be met.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Good luck OP on your hunt.

OP
M
@Midwest_Hunt ,Good luck with your antelope hunt, and don't be too picky. I've been hunting pronghorns and/or muleys in that area for the last 4 years. Each year prospects have gotten worse and worse due to CWD, EHD, serious drought and multiple back to back late winter/early spring severe storms. So much so, that I've decided to hunt blacktails this year instead.
Thank you!
With any luck, I'll be following a similar game plan for our hunt in 7 but I've determined that if we tag out early it will be better to head back east into the South Dakota Black Hills for the trout fishing.
Thats actually a great idea! Might just look into that as well!!

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Go to Casper WY. Contact Ugly Bug Fly shop. They suggested flys and pointed me in right direction. Caught 4 rainbows all over 24”. Next day did it again.

Temp. dropped to 17 degrees. (Only bit during middle of the day for 2 hours).

OP
M
Go to Casper WY. Contact Ugly Bug Fly shop. They suggested flys and pointed me in right direction. Caught 4 rainbows all over 24”. Next day did it again.

Temp. dropped to 17 degrees. (Only bit during middle of the day for 2 hours).
Awesome!! Thanks for the suggestion!!