Fishing charters near Santa Maria, CA

Heading down to there to California for the first 2 weeks of July to visit family and the family seems to be pretty interested in fishing the ocean for the first time. I'll say I have zero experience or knowledge on what is available to catch and if July is even a good time of year for it, but that's when we'll be there.

Anyone have a recommendation for a charter near that area? Don't mind driving a little ways to get to a better spot as well. This will be 3, possibly 4 adult men. Hoping for minimum 4 hour trip. Also I doubt it really matters if it's inshore or offshore, as long as get to have a good time and catch something.

Thanks fellas,
-Jake

Last edited:
Patriot sportfishing in port San Luis is probably closest. And then Virgs landing in morro bay. They’ve got party boats and it’s rockfish with the rare halibut that time of year. Family fun kind of fishing and you will want to plan to eat fish for dinner that night 👍🏻

I don’t know if any private charter boats per se but I imagine if you go south towards Santa Barbara you could find a charter operation.

Patriot sportfishing in port San Luis is probably closest. And then Virgs landing in morro bay. They’ve got party boats and it’s rockfish with the rare halibut that time of year. Family fun kind of fishing and you will want to plan to eat fish for dinner that night 👍🏻

I don’t know if any private charter boats per se but I imagine if you go south towards Santa Barbara you could find a charter operation.
Sounds good, I'll check them out. Appreciate that. I've had rockfish once my buddy caught out of Oregon on a charter, dang was it good!

Back