Firstlite 308 Pant Pre Review

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
New to Firstlite this year are the 308 pants. I got a pair a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing them around the house and recently got them out on the ocean for a couple days of Salmon fishing. I have been wearing the Prana Zion pants for years with no real reason to switch, however, The 308's are making me think twice about it. Time will tell once they get some time in the mountains and out in the brush but so far they are looking promising.

IMG_8211.jpg

The pocket layout is standard with the additional thigh pocket. Well thought out and handy, I can see this being utilized for licenses, wallet, etc. The side vents will come in handy for the early season hunts and those big pushes to gain elevation. They are plenty wide and long enough.

IMG_8237.jpg

IMG_8238.jpg

Fit is right on par. I wear a 34x34 in all pants and these track perfect. They fit just like I want them to. The comfort and stretch is insane. You can do full depth squats all day long and it feels like you are not wearing pants! Post any questions you have and I will do my best to answer them.

IMG_8208.jpg

cv_CO

FNG
New to Firstlite this year are the 308 pants. I got a pair a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing them around the house and recently got them out on the ocean for a couple days of Salmon fishing. I have been wearing the Prana Zion pants for years with no real reason to switch, however, The 308's are making me think twice about it. Time will tell once they get some time in the mountains and out in the brush but so far they are looking promising.

View attachment 737281

The pocket layout is standard with the additional thigh pocket. Well thought out and handy, I can see this being utilized for licenses, wallet, etc. The side vents will come in handy for the early season hunts and those big pushes to gain elevation. They are plenty wide and long enough.

View attachment 737282

View attachment 737283

Fit is right on par. I wear a 34x34 in all pants and these track perfect. They fit just like I want them to. The comfort and stretch is insane. You can do full depth squats all day long and it feels like you are not wearing pants! Post any questions you have and I will do my best to answer them.

View attachment 737284
How quiet are they? I am looking for a silent pant for elk and mule deer bowhunting.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are pretty quite. I am not going to say silent, though. Its not like any material I have seen that is out there right now. They are less noisy than the Prana Zion and Kuiu Attack

I would offer an audio recording but I think phone microphones makes everything sound louder than they are.

cv_CO

FNG
They are pretty quite. I am not going to say silent, though. Its not like any material I have seen that is out there right now. They are less noisy than the Prana Zion and Kuiu Attack

I would offer an audio recording but I think phone microphones makes everything sound louder than they are.
No swooshing though ? Would you say quiet enough for bowhunting ?

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
How are they different from the corrugate foundry?
Much quieter than the Foundry. Different pocket layout. the Foundry has re-inforced stitching in the knees and butt where the 308 are more a straigh forward pant. I would wear the 308 to dinner, the Foundry's not so much. Both have their place but if I am picking one its the 308.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
No swooshing though ? Would you say quiet enough for bowhunting ?
I know exactly what you mean and the swooshing is minimal. I would absolutely bow hunt in them. I don't think you are sneaking in on a bedded mule deer at 20 yards on a quite day, but I think a guy could get it done in them. I have killed bucks with my bow wearing the Prana Zion and theses are slightly less noisy then those.

Thanks for your insight on these pants. Warmth/weight wise, how do they compare to the Kuiu Attack pants? I see these have the side vents like the Attack pants do, which I'm a big fan of.

jbelz

Lil-Rokslider
If an Attack pant and a pair of business casual chinos got it on and had a baby, you’d have a 308. That’s how they feel to me. They’re not loud, but I didn’t find them to be quieter than my Attacks. That said, they’re new and my attacks are broken in. The 308’s are good hunting pants, and I will wear them. The only thing that gives me pause about using them on extended backpacking trips would be the dry time. I waded out to fish a couple weekends ago during a scouting trip, and they stayed damp for most of the afternoon (got out of the river around 1). Fit is nice, they’re comfortable, and are certainly able to be worn around town, but I will likely get a second pair of attacks when I’m in the market for pants like these again.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the review! By chance do you have the lined version as well? If so, can you give some insight on the differences?

Thanks for the review. After years hunting in army navy wool pants I switched over to attack pants and have considered the new 308 collection now too

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought the 308 lined pants. Hoping I made the right decision over the catalyst foundry for tree stand hunting.