First Year with UV Button Release

cfdjay

WKR
Gotta say, I love the thing. Been a life long trigger guy and this has been a fun change. Here's the thing, I'm scared to death to lose this thing when in the field. What are you guys doing for loss prevention? I was going to at least throw a flo-orange sticker on it in case it's dropped. And yes, I'm buying a back up one as well.

Last edited:

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
I have my released tethered to my bino harness. It's the rangefinder tether so it has a quick disconnect. I initially thought it might get in the way of shooting but it hasn't. I basically keep it attached at all times now so I grab my bow and bino harness and I'm good to go

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I do have a backup in my pack but I just keep my main release in my pocket and haven't lost it yet. I think you just gotta have some systems in place that make it hard to loose. Every time I stand up I check for phone and release. At night when I'm at camp I put it directly in the right hip belt pocket of my pack. Those are the only two places it goes.

Wapiti_87

FNG
Just bought a UV Button to change from trigger, loving it. After adjusting for slight change in anchor point I’m way more accurate and consistent. It’s compact enough that I’m planning to keep it in my pants pocket where it can’t fall out, but at the range it’s in a release pouch kn my quiver belt.

I get worried about the damn thing slipping out of my hand somehow but haven’t had a close call yet.