First Updrages on Weatherby Vanguard?

Hi all, just picked up a Weatherby Vanguard. Super stoked about it, but wondering what you all would recommend upgrading first on it. I was thinking a Timney trigger first, then maybe a chassis. Looking for a long rang set up that I may do a bit of hunting with every now and then. What would you all recommend?

Rich M

WKR
I dont buy something to remodel it.

Put 100 round thru it and see what needs fixing, if anything. You might like it as is.

• Banned
OP
S
I dont buy something to remodel it.

Put 100 round thru it and see what needs fixing, if anything. You might like it as is.
Thanks, definitely going to be spending plenty of time at the range with it. This wouldn't be immediate changes, but I'm a new shooter and wouldn't necessarily know what I don't know. Wanted to see here what people who have Vanguards have done to improve their rifles and whether or not they thought it was worth it. Besides the trigger, I'm not doing anything immediately, but I want to plan out what I'll be doing with the gun

gelton

WKR
The first thing I do to any factory rifle is swap out the trigger. Longer term you might want to consider swapping out the stock - what cartridge is it?

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
Thanks, definitely going to be spending plenty of time at the range with it. This wouldn't be immediate changes, but I'm a new shooter and wouldn't necessarily know what I don't know. Wanted to see here what people who have Vanguards have done to improve their rifles and whether or not they thought it was worth it. Besides the trigger, I'm not doing anything immediately, but I want to plan out what I'll be doing with the gun
They arent a bad gun. You already know that since post is okd.

How do you like it?

Superx3

FNG
I have two older (12-15years) vanguards with Timney triggers. I didnt mind the factory trigger until I built a 700 with a Jewel. My Timneys are set at 2.5lbs and break so sweet. 100% recommend.