First Suppressor - Need Advice

Maybe based on appearance.. but what about their construction makes them do something the evo doesn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBAC build quality and Silencerco doesn’t even compare. TBAC is lighter with better suppressor. TBAC can be recored down the road. The list goes on. If you want to tell yourself that a Sico product is on par with a TBAC, well whatever helps you sleep at night.

TBAC build quality and Silencerco doesn’t even compare. TBAC is lighter with better suppressor. TBAC can be recored down the road. The list goes on. If you want to tell yourself that a Sico product is on par with a TBAC, well whatever helps you sleep at night.

I’m still waiting for why. What are the specs? I know the Evo is around 10oz, and is quite quiet with my .308 and very comfortable through a .300win.

OP specifically stated he was on a tight budget, and looking at his use a SiCo product would probably be perfect pending caliber. Why recommend something above and beyond? To make you feel better about your own purchase?

Tahoe1305

WKR
The new evo is definitely interesting at the price point.

I have an old omega 300. I’ve changed out the end caps and DT for Ti components for small $$. It’s a 13oz 6.25” can now (without brake attachment). It is as quiet as a tbac ultra 7 (Gen 1, Gen 2 a tad quieter). In reality with all the new shorter cans coming out, it performs well for how old it is. Compares to ultra 7, nomad Ti, Hyperion K, etc. this link has some third party comparisons (albeit not in db). Maybe helpful.

Edit: new all Ti stuff is lighter by 3-4oz. I do see benefit there but not worth upgrading for me.

I’m still waiting for why. What are the specs? I know the Evo is around 10oz, and is quite quiet with my .308 and very comfortable through a .300win.

OP specifically stated he was on a tight budget, and looking at his use a SiCo product would probably be perfect pending caliber. Why recommend something above and beyond? To make you feel better about your own purchase?

He’s gotta justify why he purchased something so much more expensive . Only downside I’ve found to my evo is it’s uglier than a mud fence …

Attachments

• D7E0626D-C614-471A-B6B3-5825DC852CE5.jpeg
    D7E0626D-C614-471A-B6B3-5825DC852CE5.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 79
He’s gotta justify why he purchased something so much more expensive . Only downside I’ve found to my evo is it’s uglier than a mud fence …

I love mine. The deer I shot didn’t care what it looked like either..

I honestly don’t mind the look though. But I guess I could get a prettier silencer for 3x the cost that weighs the same and sounds the same to me. Then I can tell other people on the internet about how great it is!

I love mine. The deer I shot didn’t care what it looked like either..

I honestly don’t mind the look though. But I guess I could get a prettier silencer for 3x the cost that weighs the same and sounds the same to me. Then I can tell other people on the internet about how great it is!

My elk and deer didn’t mind either 😂

Attachments

• 3F76D3C7-3959-415C-9A9D-F3F73069AB8B.png
    3F76D3C7-3959-415C-9A9D-F3F73069AB8B.png
    927.8 KB · Views: 53
  • D94C952C-0255-4E8C-A21E-BB1CF1D50212.jpeg
    D94C952C-0255-4E8C-A21E-BB1CF1D50212.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 53
OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
I just wanted to thank everyone again for their input. I didn't intend for the thread to become a Ford vs Chevy debate or to get anyone upset. My major takeaway from the thread so-far is that the Hybrid 46 is likely not the best candidate for me. I'd be better off getting a suppressor for my specific, known needs rather than an one-size-fits-all approach. That is solid advice and I'll let this good deal I found on the Hybrid 46 pass me by. Thank you!

Lawnboi

WKR
I see we have gotten to a full on pecker measuring contest. People can crap on TBAC all they want but they are a good company.

Here’s some thoughts without going into brand a vs brand I’d consider for a 30 cal rifle suppressor.

Make sure it’s titanium
Make sure it’s under 10oz
Make sure it’s around 7” Atleast
Make sure it’s from a company that will stand behind it

I see we have gotten to a full on pecker measuring contest. People can crap on TBAC all they want but they are a good company.

Here’s some thoughts without going into brand a vs brand I’d consider for a 30 cal rifle suppressor.

Make sure it’s titanium
Make sure it’s under 10oz
Make sure it’s around 7” Atleast
Make sure it’s from a company that will stand behind it

Where did you come up with your requirements?

I ask because I use a stainless, 11oz, 6.24” silencer that feels incredibly lightweight and I constantly get comments on how quiet the thing is with .308.

Seems like strange gatekeeping to me, as I meet none of your requirements but the last one, but I guess *welcome to the internet.*

Lawnboi

WKR
Where did you come up with your requirements?

I ask because I use a stainless, 11oz, 6.24” silencer that feels incredibly lightweight and I constantly get comments on how quiet the thing is with .308.

Seems like strange gatekeeping to me, as I meet none of your requirements but the last one, but I guess *welcome to the internet.*

I came up with them from the few suppressors I own.

The titanium requirement for me is only because I can fill it with clr to clean it. Depending on the volume and rifles you shoot it may not matter, but if I’m buying a light can for hunting I’m cleaning it when it gains an ounce of carbon or more to avoid ending up with a heavy suppressor.

~7” seems to be where they sound okay and are close to the report from the sonic crack. For a first suppressor it seems like a happy medium. Now that we have thicker cans being normal that can probably flex even more.

10oz or less requirement because of balance on a hunting weight gun.

I don’t own a lot of suppressors but do get to hear a lot of them. All the mid sized or bigger cans from most companies suppress adequately.

Db reduction is pretty far down on my personal list of criteria when selecting a suppressor.

Because when you spend a year waiting and $200 on a tax stamp it’s retarded to not buy the best available at the time. It’s your money so waste it as you wish. I have 3 cans that are paperweights because they suck and I skimped when I bought them.

Because when you spend a year waiting and $200 on a tax stamp it’s retarded to not buy the best available at the time. It’s your money so waste it as you wish. I have 3 cans that are paperweights because they suck and I skimped when I bought them.

I still haven’t figured out how buying the harvester evo was a waste? I’m going to leave it there. “Because it’s better” is t a valid argument to me.

I still haven’t figured out how buying the harvester evo was a waste? I’m going to leave it there. “Because it’s better” is t a valid argument to me.

You’re clearly of the mindset of “what I have has to be the best or as good as the rest”. There’s a lot of people that think Savage makes great rifles too.

Well in this case I looked at some more expensive cans and decided that 1oz wasn’t worth double or triple the price. The product is solid. Is it the best in all the stats? No? Why does it need to be? Why can’t it still be recommended? I get it, you had the money to blow and decided it was worth it simply to know you had the best item available.

Knowing that doesn’t help me hunt any better, and most serious hunters I know don’t even get on Internet forums to discuss their gear. They find what works and that’s that. Nobody telling them their gear isn’t solid because it’s 1oz heavier and less than half the cost

Well in this case I looked at some more expensive cans and decided that 1oz wasn’t worth double or triple the price. The product is solid. Is it the best in all the stats? No? Why does it need to be? Why can’t it still be recommended? I get it, you had the money to blow and decided it was worth it simply to know you had the best item available.

Knowing that doesn’t help me hunt any better, and most serious hunters I know don’t even get on Internet forums to discuss their gear. They find what works and that’s that. Nobody telling them their gear isn’t solid because it’s 1oz heavier and less than half the cost

It’s not 3x as much, it’s not even twice as much. It’s hardly more money at all if you’re smart and buy a certificate like I posted. Whatever makes you feel better though lol.

Your Sico isn’t even close to a TBAC

Lawnboi

WKR

If that’s okay with you awsome. Enjoy your can. I have cans similar. Any can is better than no can.

I outlined what I would purchase looking back based on experience with different kinds of suppressors.

I bought a Tacoma too, I don’t need the best of anything.