First Solo Hunt Montana

Hey fellas, this year will be my first solo public land hunt in MT. Last 4 years have been with a small group. Have always hunted region 4 but open to any suggestions on new country to get into. Ill be flying into Billings in November and will have 7 days to hunt.
Not chasing trophies. Just Louisiana guy getting out in some beautiful country and trying to put something on the ground.

jmav58

WKR
I guess if it were me, I'd stick with where you've been in the past. You already know the country to some extent hopefully and won't use some of those days to learn the terrain, access, animal numbers and hunter pressure. My two cents.

Defintely worth checking out the same places you’ve been finding them the last 4 years.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the couple post above. There’s always a learning curve when you check out a new area. If you had good luck in a spot you might want to build off of it. Just my 2 cents.

Gumbo

WKR
I will go against the grain as usual. If you aren't picky then I'd explore some new country. Besides, if where you've been has produced big bucks you wouldn't be asking this question. Deer are a dime a dozen in MT and you never know what you might find. Almost all of my "big" MT mulies have come from different spots on the first time I set foot on them. A week is a long time to float around and you will likely find some good stuff...

COSA

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you have good expectations for MT. I think you'll find plenty of deer, but mediocre quality anywhere in the eastern half of MT. With today's information and technology, the bucks don't have much of a chance to get older than 3 when the season goes until Dec,

street

WKR
You are the only person who has the answer to your question. Being solo gives you the freedom to make your own decisions. That's a big luxury you will find.

success

WKR
I was told to tell you to make sure your Garmin is on and you have batteries for your flashlight bc your friends aren’t gonna be there to come find you in the dark