First Lite Unc Foundry

Gobbler36

WKR
Anyone had their hands on this jacket? looking at Sitka aero lite, burner parka from Kuiu or the gale force

curious to the first lites waterproofness

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't they just release that in the last month or two? Probably not much out there for real world (field) use yet.

No real world use for me, but it depends on what level of warmth you want. Kuiu burner is about as warm as it gets for a waterproof, insulated jacket. First Lite is releasing their version, the colter parka, soon. I would imagine the colter parka will be more durable than the Kuiu burner, just because of how it’s built. But the Unc foundry is a step below both of them on the warmth scale. So it really depends on what you intend to use it for.

mntnguide

WKR
Does anyone have colter parka?
Yes, used it elk hunting all late fall into the snow. . Still wear it nearly daily in winter now. Incredibly warm, I like the big pockets that you can get things in and out of with gloves on etc. It is not light, so I wouldnt plan on doing much with it if you plan on hiking a bunch. I was horseback most the time, in very cold weather, and never was cold in the jacket.

rkyoder

FNG
What’s the durability like? I’m from western PA, gearing up for a mule deer hunt. I want a piece I won’t destroy in some brush. Not including jaggers and thorns. Most clothes can’t hold up to that.

What’s the durability like? I’m from western PA, gearing up for a mule deer hunt. I want a piece I won’t destroy in some brush. Not including jaggers and thorns. Most clothes can’t hold up to that.
I’d say the face fabric is very tough. It holds up well to most regular use/abuse. I don’t have any concerns about tearing it

I’d say the face fabric is very tough. It holds up well to most regular use/abuse. I don’t have any concerns about tearing it
I have seen reviews regarding tight fit in armpits and shoulders. What has been your experience with sizing. Seems like a very versatile jacket

I have seen reviews regarding tight fit in armpits and shoulders. What has been your experience with sizing. Seems like a very versatile jacket
It’s very generously sized imo. I’m 5’9” and around 170lbs and a medium fits just right. I really like it because normally with a rain jacket I have to throw a bunch of layers on underneath, this thing you just throw on over a shirt and be good to go