First Lite rocks!

kaboku68

WKR
My wife and I went on a sheep and goat hunt in the wrangells during early September. We didn't see anything legal during the 8 days we spent on and off of the glacier but alot of that was due to the terrible weather. I bought her a complete set of first lite long bottoms and a chama top. It was a completely miserable hunt with sleet, snow and rain pounding down. Her Arcteryx Shell failed during the worst part of it. Her cloudveil(Canadian made) pants were good but the Chama top kept her warm.

We had one four mile tromp on the moraine that had almost zero visibility and made it to find all of our wm bags were drenched. The Chama top kept her warm while I shivered in my icebreaker merino gear. The first lite was clearly superior.

When we came back I promptly bought a Chama hoodie and tshirt.

Thanks for making a good product. However, my wife is now addicted to your stuff so its costing me a bit of change.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Thomas I wish I had that problem with the wife wanting to get involved. Shed rather stay home and scrap book. sigh!!

thanks for the great review!

i still need to buy bottoms. my legs never feel that cold.

anyways, i have tops and headwear. i love the stuff. one of the biggest test and successes for me was last years january AZ deer hunt. we woke up to temps in the 20's, and by noon we hit the 80's. my FL gear stayed with me. having many layers allowed me to adjust to the crazy temp variations. i would start up with my chama and llano, my sitka 90% and a cheap fleece vest. with those four things.i can cover the entire range. i was the least stinky of our group too.

i am buying my stinky brother a full set for Christmas. it is a gift for me as well as a gift for him. he is like a goat!

I think you mean First Lite ROKS:)

First Lite's merino is the best on the market IME. Their Puffy is becoming one of my favorites also.

They make one heck of a product, that is for sure! I find myself wearing a llano pretty much every day! Now that the weather seems to be slowly turning the hoody will be in the pack for sure.

I was going to start a thread but you already did lol. I just got home from a 14 day hunt here in colorado and this was my first true test for my first lite. Out of the 14 days it rained 10 of those and I was soaked in my apx but had my first lite on ad base layer and never once got cold or really even chilled. I spent 6 hours quartering and hanging my bull in the rain and finally took off the apx because it was just funneling water in I think but the first lite kept me warm and going strong till 2am. I will be adding a lot more first lite real soon that stuff rocks.

I'd like to try their Charma hoody one of these days. Good to hear good reports. I'm trying to simplify layers & go merino only... Been using some UA Cold Gear hoodies that I really like, but they don't dry out very fast. Great for fishing and range time, but rough for heavy duty exertion.

Back