First Lite Quality Going Down?

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
Just got two pants in the mail from the sale.
Obsidian Foundry, and Corrugate foundry in Cipher.
I was stoked to see they got the Cipher color pallet more even. 2 years ago it was waaaayyy too yellowish.
BUT…
The amount of loose pullable threads, and over stitching is laughable. Just looks super sloppy.
Never had this issue with my obsidians.

I expected more..

Anyone else have this experience?

Thank you

Attachments

• 8F50B9B9-4F97-4587-B80C-2D27438096EA.jpeg
    8F50B9B9-4F97-4587-B80C-2D27438096EA.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 3A81BEC9-025D-48ED-AA5B-6CB558C12B7B.jpeg
    3A81BEC9-025D-48ED-AA5B-6CB558C12B7B.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 237

Lowg08

WKR
I haven’t had any issues with this and I have 5 pairs of foundry edition. Maybe give them a call. I’ve always had good luck with them.

OP
B

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
Did you contact First Lite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was going to, but they took the day after Cinco de Mayo off.
Hitting them up tomorrow. Ya I was pretty disappointed, never had any issues.
I guess it is inevitable to miss some QC with how much they are scaling and things coming out of China

OP
B

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t had any issues with this and I have 5 pairs of foundry edition. Maybe give them a call. I’ve always had good luck with them.
Ya, I’ve never had issues at all. Love their kit. Loyal through and through, but maybe I’ll just let my current pants blow out before I get new ones.
Sending these both back Forsure, but I’m not eating the shipping on these

Last edited:

Lowg08

WKR
Does the little thread tags just pull
Out like they might have been left over from the cut. My mom makes quilts and that happens sometimes.

OP
B

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
Does the little thread tags just pull
Out like they might have been left over from the cut. My mom makes quilts and that happens sometimes.
There are a handful that pull out. There are a bunch of termination threads that I need to cut and burn. A few over stitches, and irregular stitches.

For what they cost I shouldn’t have to lift a finger let alone cut and burn threads

Last edited:
OP
B

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
I live the “buy once, cry once” life for a reason

We called those string demerits. Uniforms have hundreds per garment. We just pulled and or burned them off. Never seemed to make them any worse for wear.

I see your point on the cost but I think you'd be fine if you just cleaned them up.

I would wear them until something wears out, or the inevitable crotch blow-out. I have replaced (3) pairs of Obsidian pants, and had no issues at all. While some of the quality and durability might be waning, their customer service makes up for it. I just decided that the merino pants didn't work for me, and opted for something else. I wouldn't worry about it, and hopefully things work out for you.

Lowg08

WKR
I got rid of the obsidian foundry. Just wasn’t for me. Now the corrugate and catalyst are a definite

fishslap

WKR
I had to send my corrugate foundry back due to the stitching on the fly coming undone. The new pair they sent was the same size but completely different fit from the original pair. The original pair were big and loose and the new pair are smaller across the fit.

Lowg08

WKR
I guess I’ve been very fortunate. Haven’t had any issues so far

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
All those Irish Pennants remind me of a Kifaru pack I ditched. Then I got a Rogan and same thing. No issue with my FL stuff so far. Poor stitching drive me crazy though.

How to run a camo company in 2022:
1. Spend a massive chunk of your budget on marketing to hype up your product and make it seem like a premium product.
2. Charge $200 for a pair a pants because of the marketing hype.
3. Find the cheapest overseas sweat shop to make your product.
4. Profit

FWIW, I've had slightly better luck with merino from Kuiu than First Light. I recently got the Aurora Women's puffy for the wife and the Unspellable 2.0 for myself and they seemed decent (worth the discounted price I got them for, but probably not retail).

OP
B

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
How to run a camo company in 2022:
1. Spend a massive chunk of your budget on marketing to hype up your product and make it seem like a premium product.
2. Charge $200 for a pair a pants because of the marketing hype.
3. Find the cheapest overseas sweat shop to make your product.
4. Profit

FWIW, I've had slightly better luck with merino from Kuiu than First Light. I recently got the Aurora Women's puffy for the wife and the Unspellable 2.0 for myself and they seemed decent (worth the discounted price I got them for, but probably not retail).
The “collaborations” these days are excellent marketing strategies, I see the sheeple jumping on board without a thought.
The latest is “Origin”.

When I see an English preacher wearing their camo pattern, as fashion, you’ve lost me. I don’t care where it’s made.

Attachments

• FD63EA11-0799-4913-8BF7-111C123BDC8B.png
    FD63EA11-0799-4913-8BF7-111C123BDC8B.png
    936.8 KB · Views: 100