First Lite Omen/Sitka Dew Point or Cloudburst?

Travis907

WKR
First Lite Omen storm shelter jacket and pants or Sitka Dew Point or Cloudburst? I’m in the market for new high end rain gear Looking to buy one set to do it all. It’s like anything else I hear 80% good, just want a real life tested opinion before I drop that kind of money! Thanks in advance!

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the Omen & Dew Point. They're apples and oranges. Intentionally very different pieces. The DP is light and packable. The Omen is heavy duty. Which one is "better" depends on your needs.

First Lite Omen storm shelter jacket and pants or Sitka Dew Point or Cloudburst? I’m in the market for new high end rain gear Looking to buy one set to do it all. It’s like anything else I hear 80% good, just want a real life tested opinion before I drop that kind of money! Thanks in advance!
the dusty olive color is 170$ right now for the dew point on the sitka site. I picked one up in the black friday sale. like mark said it's lightweight and packable.

I have the cloudburst set, which sitka has now discontinued. I picked mine up at a pretty deep discount. Think I paid less than $300 for the set from mountain archery, looks like sizes are pretty limited on all the sites. But you might find your size and a heck of a deal.
I've worn the jacket a few times and it does great shedding water and keeping you dry. Granted my times wearing it in a pretty good rain have been the 7 minute walk from the parking lot at work to my building.
I wore the set in a fine misty rain, the type that just gets everything wet, for the 15ish minute walk to from the truck to the box stand. Kept me dry and the pit zips were nice to dump heat, as well as the thigh zippers once I got to the stand.
I'm very happy with the cloudburst for my purposes and confident that it will keep me dry in the situations I encounter.
I feel the cloudburst is not as lightweight as the dewpoint, which might meet the middle ground between that and the omen.
One more thing to note, and this I just me and my body type, Sitka stuff fits me better than firstlite. I like the way the cloudburst fits me.
That's something to keep in mind as well. I can't stand if something fits weird and is falling off in some places and tight and long in others.