First Lite new whitetail system

Dave_S

Lil-Rokslider
The sanctuary 2.0 line had a wind stopper layer….no idea what has changed significantly enough to justify the price increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I believe they have hit a tipping point. I’m a huge fan of first lite and have many pieces from them. By the sounds of this thread, several others feel the same.

This is the 1st time i recall the majority of the people pushing back on the prices. Normally people are rushing to purchase and then give some reviews, I’m not seeing many people jumping to make this purchase

I think they have hit the price tipping point and consumers may not support them

MrRogers

FNG
I've always liked their whitetail stuff, but $650 just for the early season jacket and bibs is pretty steep. You could literally just wear a hoodie and jeans with some decent base layers and be comfortable in those temps.

I already have the windproof Solitude bibs as well as the source jacket. I might just get the phase jacket and pair it with the source to basically make the Core. I see no real upgrade to the bibs that could warrant that kind of price increase.

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve kept up with the jones for years. These companies are just getting out of hand with pricing. I’ll give them this. Their wool base layers are hands down and I will always use them. I’ll take my down jacket and wind shirt any day over a 500 dollar jacket. Just seems over kill and I had the solitude set and it’s heavy in my opinion.

Ho5tile1

WKR
The prices are just insane I’m only 47 and been hunting all my life it’s a family thing my entire family hunts. When I look at the thousands I’ve spent on Sitka kuiu first lite stone glacier forloh pnuma kings camo kryptek skre gear and badlands and I have stuff from them all I have something like 50 pairs of pants from these companies and everything else they sale. I could have a new truck or add on to my house. The thing that really gets me is I’ve only been using this high end hunting stuff for like 7-8 years and before that I killed just as many critters had just as much fun wasn’t as comfortable as I am now but was I thousands of dollars less comfortable I dont think so. my uncle still hunts in blue jeans and flannel shirts if it’s cold out he might toss on some old kmart bibs and he kills more animals then any one I know of, he is my hunting idle just a hard nosed man who luvs to hunt even hunts out of his homemade climber that looks super sketchy if he is not literally sitting on a tree branch. When we where kids he duck tape me and my cousin to the tree straddling the first branch with a hook in the branch to hang our shot gun he would go a 100 yards ish away from us so he could hear us yell if we needed him. When it was time to get down he would come cut the tape and help us down. We killed deer, yotes and bobcats duck taped to those trees,man what great memories. Ps I never duck taped my kids to the tree my wife would shoot me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
I'll keep my stratos set. No thanks FL. I tried their stuff originally and while I still like their base layers, everything else I own now is sitka and it's lightyears ahead of the FL stuff I tried.

bigbahksdude

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve kept up with the jones for years. These companies are just getting out of hand with pricing. I’ll give them this. Their wool base layers are hands down and I will always use them. I’ll take my down jacket and wind shirt any day over a 500 dollar jacket. Just seems over kill and I had the solitude set and it’s heavy in my opinion.
What wind shirt do you run? I'm looking for suggestions.

Anyone able to justify the price difference between the phase jacket and the challis fleece? Seems like all your getting is the kit link and a hood for $165 more

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone able to justify the price difference between the phase jacket and the challis fleece? Seems like all your getting is the kit link and a hood for $165 more
Nope. I thought maybe the Challis was a highly wind resistant fleece and no wind stopping membrane, hence the price difference. Nope. It also has a wind stopping membrane same as the Phase. No way is the price difference worth it