First lite kanab pants

How are these pants in hot weather (70-90 degrees). There is a pair at the local sportsmans warehouse but not in my size. They feel stiff like a light pair of jeans almost. I'm looking at putting in an order soon but am on the fence about the pants due to the warm temps we have here during late august and September.

hflier

WKR
They are awesome for that. Used them in AZ when pretty warm and the were great. They also loose that stiffness after the first wash.

JNDEER

WKR
I have read a lot about them and feel that hflier has stated what most have said about them.
I cannot speak for the pants and know that you did not ask for other options. If you are looking for something to keep you cool or don't like to get too hot while hunting in the heat also consider the Kuiu Tiburon pants. I love mine for the heat.

Intruder

FNG
Not trying to hijack but I'm also interested in these pants for early season elk as well as spring turkey hunting. What's the durability on em like? I don't mind shelling out the $ if they last. Just concerned about the abuse they'd get during elk season.... brush, etc.

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wondering the same thing. I keep wanting to buy a pair but something is holding me back. These pants seem to get very little feedback when people ask about them, and maybe its because not many are using them..? I dont know. I would love to hear some feedback from someone who has worn these pants on extended hunts. My Ascents are falling apart and its time for a new pant this year. Thanks guys.

hflier

WKR
If they are year 2013 and earlier don't get them too tight or you will blow out the crotch. I have been told they have improved the material in this area for 2014.

DWarcher

WKR
I have been wondering the same thing. I keep wanting to buy a pair but something is holding me back. These pants seem to get very little feedback when people ask about them, and maybe its because not many are using them..? I dont know. I would love to hear some feedback from someone who has worn these pants on extended hunts. My Ascents are falling apart and its time for a new pant this year. Thanks guys.

If you hunt in any thick brush at all I would look at other options. While super comfortable, the material is not very durable at all.

ridgefire

WKR
I have them and love them. they are not the most durable but are double layered in the knees and I think the butt. have worn a couple small holes in the butt area from sitting on rock and what not while glassing but got to expect that for what they are. very comfortable and will buy again once mine are worn out. between those and my 90% pants I am good for 10 to 12 days. may look at the Sitka mountain pants as well, great pants and more durable.

Intruder

FNG
Check out the other topic http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?13487-First-Lite-2014-line some info in there on the Kanab. Bottom line... 2014 model has not changed. From the sounds of things they have been improved since the initial intro but there may be some additional changes needed to perfect. I may still roll the dice. For thos of you who have them do you know if they are the same material as the Chugach shirt? I would hope they are bit heavier than that.

No complaints on my end, basically any gear/pants/jackets/shirts I own eventually get ruined or run down. The Kanabs have lasted two years for me and there has been a lot of belly crawling and abuse given to them. They are reinforced in the areas that need to be, they are not overly warm in hot weather and they are comfortable. The 2014's should be dang nice too!

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
Nick, your right about everything eventually getting run down. I got 3 seasons out of my Ascents, and they are falling apart at all the seams. Truthfully, I don't know why I have been reluctant to buy these pants because I have been super impressed with all the other First Lite clothing I own.

Archelk

Lil-Rokslider
I have two pairs and love them. Durability over a year has been great thus far. They are perfect for the weather you are talking about. Cannot say enough good things about them. Merino Wool so no stink plus all the other attributes that come along with Merino Wool.

coop2424

WKR
I picked up a pair in the bargain cave of cabelas for $60 just because of the hell of the deal. I have used them a couple times in lower temps with a good merino layer and they have been awesome. I think they will be perfect for earth season but time will tell I really like the extra thickness on rear and knees..

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to order a pair of Kanabs and was hoping someone could help me with knowing what size to order. I'm right at the bottom of the sizing chart for medium. 31" waist and 30" inseam. I have heard they run a tad big so was leaning towards ordering the smalls. Any info would be great. Thanks.