First Lite Furnace ¼ zip or Henley vs. Fleece

Kayl

FNG
I have several First Lite pieces including the Furnace zip offs and really like them, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the Furnace as an upper body mid layer. What does the Furnace do that my cheap Bass Pro fleece or Condor waffle fleece don't do when used as a mid layer?

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I have several First Lite pieces including the Furnace zip offs and really like them, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the Furnace as an upper body mid layer. What does the Furnace do that my cheap Bass Pro fleece or Condor waffle fleece don't do when used as a mid layer?
Not stink, for me. Merino. I also love the comfort/feel of the Furnace layers.

OP
K

Kayl

FNG
I should have updated this thread. I just went ahead and bought the quarters zip last month based off of how much I liked zip off three quarters base layer.

RS3579

WKR
I really like the 1/4 zip furnace. It’s warm for me. I have it in me every trip when the temperature is 45 degrees or lower. I usually have a 150 weight under as a base layer.

fishslap

WKR
I have the furnace on with a rothco grid fleece over it right now. Just got back from ice fishing. I think the 1/4” zip is a good piece in the layering system for colder temps. I think it will be warmer than your condor and probably block wind a bit more due to tighter weave.