First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

GM3

FNG
Thanks for the chance to win! For me I would love to try the Vapor Stormlight. Weather its deer hunting, turkey hunting, or Rucking in the midwest everybody needs a good rain jacket. Not to mention fishing in the ocean is a great place for a good rain jacket. PICK ME PLEASE!!! :)

jaredgreen

Lil-Rokslider
The Vapor Stormlight would be the perfect outerwear for my daughter who is graduating from Oklahoma State next fall. For her graduation present, I'm taking her on an archery elk hunt in Idaho. The combination of light weight, waterproof, and durable make it ideal for her to cover ground in the backcountry in comfort. What makes this hunt so special is how hard my daughter has worked to accomplish her goals, and what's she's sacrificed to achieve them. She has been my hunting buddy since birth, and passionately loves chasing rutting bulls. She even won second in the RMEF World Calling Championship in the kids division many years ago! You should hear this girl call! As much as she loves to hunt elk, she has a passion for animal science that lead her far from home here in Oregon to pursue a degree at the school of her dreams. A school that happens to start a month earlier than Oregon schools, and before elk season! I'm incredibly proud of her willingness to sacrifice something she loves so much to pursue the very best education she can get. I can thank of no better reward for her sacrifice than to be standing over her first bull elk, proudly wearing the best technical outerwear on earth!
26f73411fbe6321b5a13760a35b69325.jpg
80348696627a2cd4ba92d268e0b4fb34.jpg
636865f6fd3ca7b8656a3233d5144e5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncompahgre puffy here. The combination of light weight, pack ability, and warmth would be welcome while chasing elk in the Montana mountains!

Thanks guys!

R_Nues

FNG
WHICH:
Uncompahgre Puffy Jacket

WHERE:
I will put this jacket through the ringer this season. I’ll start out with helping my dad chase bugling bulls on his Limited Entry elk hunt in Utah’s La Sal mountain range during the first of October, I then have a general bull-elk hunt in the Uinta mountains during the middle of October, a general buck deer hunt in the Oquirrh-Stansbury unit through the end of October, and I finish off the season with a cold pronghorm hunt in northern Wyoming through the end of November.

WHY:
This jacket will be perfect for the areas I’ll be hunting this year and I’ll cover nearly every hunting style. My Dad is getting older and his limited elk hunt will likely be his last major hunt, so this hunt will involve a lot of cold atv rides and glassing. My other 3 hunts this season are all general season hunts, so I'll be working my tail off to bring an animal home and could use the Uncompahgre jacket to keep me warm! My general elk and deer hunts will both be backcountry hunts, so I’ll be very active getting in and then stay active as I move from glassing point to glassing point. When I’m up in northern Wyoming through the end of November it will be cold without a lot of movement but a ton of glassing.

The Uncompahgre jacket fills a major gap in my layering system because I don’t have a great insulation layer. And with the hunts I have lined up this year, I really need a packable and lightweight insulation layer that will keep me warm but also allow me to be active. I really try to think over the gear I use and find ways it can be improved. Below is a presentation I put together for Jaret about how the Alaska Guide Creations case could be improved and I would love to try out the Uncompahgre jacket and try to provide you any feedback I can. If you select me be the lucky winner, I will post pictures on Instagram and Facebook throughout the season and post back here after my hunts with a review of the jacket. Thanks for the opportunity and please pick me!

Modifying AGC Kodiak CUB.pdf - Google Drive

Last edited:

bwlacy

WKR
I would really like the Vapor Stormlight rain jacket. I am in need of some new rain gear that is light and packable. It would get used in early archery season in Colorado. We will be backpacking in and staying for 10 days in SW Colorado. Hoping to make this an annual hunt. This will be my second trip doing a back country pack in hunt. I am trying to get my gear dialed in and cut the pack weight down also. I've always heard great things about First Lite and would love to try some of their gear out.

This might also get used in the early spring for Steelhead and Walleye fishing when always getting spray from the bow of the boat on the river. Could be a very useful item to add to my gear.

They both are great choices! I would get more use from the Uncompahgre puffy jacket. I would be wearing it during my prairie mule deer hunts as well as packing it into my backcountry elk hunts. This is going to become part of my regular hunting attire. Its light weight makes it great for those backcounty hunts, camping trips, and fishing trips. There is an endless use for both of these jackets and I wouldn't let it go to waist.

IanF.

Lil-Rokslider
I live and hunt in coastal bc, restated a rain forest, we get rain, Forrest Gump rain, if you don't like the wet this isn't your place. They say the Inuit of 19'names for snow...we have has many and more for precipitation! A vapourstorm light would be the ticket when staclking blacktails through the fern jungle.

I wouldn't mind the Vapor Stormlight. I hunt in NM and during September when a quick rain comes its would be nice to have a bulletproof light rain jacket. I have numerous Firstlite gear (to much if you ask my wife) but I haven't yet pulled the trigger on a rain jacket. I've been wanting to talk to folks about them and see what they like and dislike. The Cipher pattern would work wonders in NM. September is still dry and I've used Fusion during that time but there seems to be to much green. Don't get me wrong I thin Fusion is great, but I believe Cipher would be better in the SW area. Rainstorms can just pop up out of nowhere too and having a big, bulky rain jacket would be a pain to unpack and pack but the Vapor would work great just folded up on the outside of the pack or right on top. Hopefully I get chosen so I can test it out this coming season. Good luck in all the draws this year. Remember NM deadline is coming up!

bounds

WKR
I'd love to have the Uncompahgre. I've had a Sitka Kelvin jacket for about 6 years and while it's been great, I'm looking for a new puffy that I can wear as an outer layer a lot. I'm a really cold natured guy, so I wear a puffy a lot and want the versatility the Uncompahgre offers as a stand alone piece or as a layer. I've been back and forth between the Kifaru Lost Park and the Uncompahgre and I think I'm finally decided. So whether I win or not, I plan to sell a couple of my old puffies and rock the 'pahgre this year.

I will be elk hunting in September either in New Mexico or Colorado, which it will be on me at all times during that hunt. Then, being from southeast Texas, I'll spend a lot of time in a treestand chasing whitetails all winter. Though we're on the gulf coast and temps don't get super low, it's really humid here, so when it is cold, it chills you to the bone. Especially sitting still for 4-5 hours. So I would love to have this thing and think the new camo would look great in dead grey oak trees in the winter.

-Andrew

Gearing up for my first Elk hunt and already had the Uncompahgre puffy on my short list so that's what I would choose. Going in with OTC tags and high hopes and so far the best information I've found is here on Rokslide so I just joined up. Planning on packing in deep in Colorado and seeking out light functional gear to help this flatlander survive.

OnTheHunt

FNG
My hats in for the rain jacket. My first First Lite puffy is still going strong! The rain jacket because this is the year I will be investing in a quality set of rain gear and hoping to use it on one of the 7 elk states I am applying for this year. Currently in for NM, AZ, CO, WY, and MT with WA and ID to go. I'll give it a honest and detailed review.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the opportunity to win. Id like the first lite jacket. My fiance and I were drawn for elk in Az for the first time. We will be archery hunting in higher elevation in colder weather. This has been a blessing as it will take place right after our wedding the same month.

Hi Rokslide
It would be hard to imagine that the Uncomprahgre wouldn't be great on my family's next sheep and caribou hunt in Yukon. The broken pattern would be tough to pick up in our sparse alpine sheep country and looks like it would perform equally well at bushline where the bulls are cleaning their antlers.

I just started looking for a new mid/puffy layer to replace some old gear and that jacket is on the short list. My needs include: lightweight, compressible, warm and a good pattern. The Uncompahgre seems to cover it all. Here's hopin'!

JTHeaney

FNG
The Puffy would be the ideal upgrade from the cotton/wool blend military coat I wear that has been passed down from my papa. While the memories made in that jacket will be forever, hunting the high plains/deserts of west Texas and New Mexico for white tail, mule deer and elk is just not what that jacket is made for. With the cold crisp nights warming to the 60s & 70s, it would be awesome to have a jacket weighing in under 3-4lbs and pack-able!

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the opportunity to enter a drawing. I'm interested in the Vapor Stormlight Jacket. I would be primarily using this jacket in Washington State for archery elk and our wilderness early rifle buck hunt. Our terrain is wet and steep. A jacket that is light weight and packable, yet waterproof and breathable is hard to find. Last year on my wilderness hunt we had sun, wind, rain, snow and more rain. Did I mention that Washington is wet? We gain about 5,000 vertical feet where we hunt and it is a chore to stay dry but not overheat. My current rain jacket is 30oz. At 12 ounces, the vapor stormlight looks almost miraculous. Thanks for your consideration.

DWinVA

WKR
Thanks for the chance to win.

I would use the puffy here in VA for deer & turkey plus scouting, training hike and stump shooting with my stickbow.

God Bless.

I would like to put the Vapor Stormlight to use in both Delaware where I am stationed in the inevitable rain while sitting a tree stand and in MT where I always return to for elk hunting in September.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
The First Lite Vapor Stormlight Jacket would be the perfect rain jacket for me. I'm an Eastern PA Bowhunter who is headed west to Colorado with my friend on our first elk hunt. I'm excited to see new country and a different type of hunting. First Lite makes some amazing apparel and this would be an awesome addition to the collection!