First Lite Catalyst vs Corrugate Jacket

Looking for a durable breathable outer layer mainly for walking in and early season hunts and layer a puffy or merino underneath as temp dictates.
Will be stand hunting white tail but usually make long walks and end up in thickets/briars.
Worried catalyst may be too warm for early season.
Worried the corrugate guide may be too loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
Most people complain about how loud the Corrugate is for bowhunting. I think that will be your overriding factor. I'd just buy something cheap if your worried about beating it up.

OP
bigbuckbuster
Most people complain about how loud the Corrugate is for bowhunting. I think that will be your overriding factor. I'd just buy something cheap if your worried about beating it up.

That’s kind of what I was afraid of. Thanks

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I love my corrugate jacket (and pants) for early/mid season. It's good stuff for active hunting with just a merino base under. Then add a puffy under for stand hunting on cool mornings/evenings. Have not had issues with loudness. I prefer layering so haven't tried the catalyst jacket with built in fleece liner... imagine it would be a little too warm when active.

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
Looking for a durable breathable outer layer mainly for walking in and early season hunts and layer a puffy or merino underneath as temp dictates.
Will be stand hunting white tail but usually make long walks and end up in thickets/briars.
Worried catalyst may be too warm for early season.
Worried the corrugate guide may be too loud.

I think Outdoor research Ferrosi is also similar to the corrugate, don’t rule out non hunting brands,

Bump79

WKR
I think Outdoor research Ferrosi is also similar to the corrugate, don’t rule out non hunting brands,
I've had both. The Ferrosi is more breathable and lighter but the corrugate is a little tougher. I'm fairly sensitive to noise and it isn't the quietest but it's not loud in my opinion. It's so stretchy so it doesn't make much noise in draw. If you bump into the tree it might make some noise. Louder than the Catalyst I suppose.

skissell

FNG
I have the catalyst jacket and usually use it when it's about 60 degrees or below here in PA. With warmer temperatures I'll just wear the Origin hoody and layer underneath if need be.

I don't have the corrugate guide jacket, so I can't speak on that. I do have the pants though and probably use them for just about everything from whitetail stand/saddle hunting, elk, waterfowl, turkey, you name it. Love those pants, I thought about upgrading to the corrugate foundrys but my guides are still running strong after 3 years.

OP
bigbuckbuster
I have the catalyst jacket and usually use it when it's about 60 degrees or below here in PA. With warmer temperatures I'll just wear the Origin hoody and layer underneath if need be.

I don't have the corrugate guide jacket, so I can't speak on that. I do have the pants though and probably use them for just about everything from whitetail stand/saddle hunting, elk, waterfowl, turkey, you name it. Love those pants, I thought about upgrading to the corrugate foundrys but my guides are still running strong after 3 years.

How does the catalyst breathe?
The lack of pit zips has me a little concerned

skissell

FNG
I wouldn't wear it in for a long walk it is fleeced lined so it will get warm on a walk. I pack my jackets in almost all the time. I'll usually walk in with Wick T-shirt then either Kiln or Furnace depending on the temperature and walk distance.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
I love my catalyst jacket! Breathes well, long enough sleeves and lower back. I don't overheat very easily in it(and I get hot easily).

It's not what you'd consider a 'warm coat', it will need to be paired with something else on cold days when you're not moving. I lost mine while hunting and I need to get another before fall!

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
The catalyst is the best item I've purchased from first lite, out of maybe 5 things. It so comfortable I began wearing it to work and everywhere else.,