Fingers crossed for CO

Should draw my first elk tag this year. Last year 100% of folks at 3 PP drew and I put in with 3. It will be interesting to see how the recent changes impact draw odds. Good luck, y'all!

I have one more point than what it took to draw last year. I put in with it thinking some people may not use points and hunt OTC one more time before they get rid of it. We will see what happens. I put in for another hunt second choice that I've always wanted to go on so hopefully I'll pull something.
I think you may be right. I was hoping to draw this year because I reckon there will be an influx of people using their points next year, resulting in more point creep. But the decrease in NR tag allocation (along some folks posting about applying for this same hunt with more than 2 points than it took last year) has me pessimistic about my odds.

It's all good though. I have a MT deer tag in hand already and am just excited to go hunt out west again for the first time since 2020.

ndbuck09

WKR
Should draw my first elk tag this year. Last year 100% of folks at 3 PP drew and I put in with 3. It will be interesting to see how the recent changes impact draw odds. Good luck, y'all!
Many folks here have been down this road the past handful of years. You really can't use the adjective "should" if you only have the amount of points needed last year in any big game western draw. Point creep is present at all times, particularly when Colorado moved to reduce non resident allocation by 10% to 25% of total tags for a unit**.

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
Many folks here have been down this road the past handful of years. You really can't use the adjective "should" if you only have the amount of points needed last year in any big game western draw. Point creep is present at all times, particularly when Colorado moved to only allocate 10% of tags to non residents where it was a higher percentage previously.
Co is 75/25 and 80/20 high demand tags… are we talking SMG?

Many folks here have been down this road the past handful of years. You really can't use the adjective "should" if you only have the amount of points needed last year in any big game western draw. Point creep is present at all times, particularly when Colorado moved to only allocate 10% of tags to non residents where it was a higher percentage previously.
You are correct about usage of the word "should". I was just trying to speak positively lol. Agree that point creep could really get interesting due to the allocation adjustment and slew of other changes.