Finding bullet touch fierce carbon rival

jtr1997

FNG
Buddies carbon rival 300 prc has a weird chamber. Using the hornady tool it has a super short chamber like factory ammo is jammed alot if I go by the feel of any other gun. If I push the plunger in until it’s a hard stop it looks better but we can’t get a consistent measurement. Anyone else have this issue before

I assume you’d feel it jam chambering a factory round then? It’s possible that freebore is under spec’d diameter. Never had that issue but it’d be going back or I’d have someone else fix it if I didn’t feel like dealing with the fierce hosers.

SDHNTR

WKR
You sure it’s not headspace causing a hard bolt close? How do you know it’s bullet jam?

OP
jtr1997

jtr1997

FNG
I don’t think the bullet is jammed. It’s more like freebore is under diameter. It’s making it hard to get a good length. It’s not wanting to group anything either

LaFever

FNG
I have a Mauser 18 ,6.5 prc that wouldn't chamber a factory round from 2 different boxes of ammo ,sent it back to Blaser in Texas and they said the extractor needed adjustment, fired several dozen rounds through it since June 1, mostly hand loads
Point being, I thought it was a chamber issue and it was an extractor issue

Last edited: