Final Gear List for Colorado

OP
John87

John87

Lil-Rokslider
This. I would think a quick in/out on a morning or evening a week in advance would be fine to finalize your list of where to hunt week of.
Not really feasible, it’s a 24 he drive out, since we’re not flying. So I could waste time sitting at home, or scout and fish for a few days, and not have to deal with anyone at the trailhead, since I’ll already have narrowed down which basins I want to hunt and have camp setup, relaxing, before most everyone else is showing up to set up camp.

If I were was intending to hike around all day, for 5 days in advance, I’d say I would spook all the game out. But I plan on just glassing from a mile or 2 away from where I’ll want to hunt. Plus, where we are going, I have already counted 18 outfitter tent on OnX, in the area, so I don’t think My going in a few days early and glassing from 2 miles away is going to affect them as much as the pressure from everyone else. I want to figure out where they will be opening morning, and then where they will go the rest of the season. Maybe I am dead wrong, but it’s what we are going to try.

Rainman89

FNG
Not really feasible, it’s a 24 he drive out, since we’re not flying. So I could waste time sitting at home, or scout and fish for a few days, and not have to deal with anyone at the trailhead, since I’ll already have narrowed down which basins I want to hunt and have camp setup, relaxing, before most everyone else is showing up to set up camp.

If I were was intending to hike around all day, for 5 days in advance, I’d say I would spook all the game out. But I plan on just glassing from a mile or 2 away from where I’ll want to hunt. Plus, where we are going, I have already counted 18 outfitter tent on OnX, in the area, so I don’t think My going in a few days early and glassing from 2 miles away is going to affect them as much as the pressure from everyone else. I want to figure out where they will be opening morning, and then where they will go the rest of the season. Maybe I am dead wrong, but it’s what we are going to try.
Perfectly understandable! Just going to second having the lightest scent footprint possible in days leading up, esp if there's already pressure pushing them into pockets.

OP
John87

John87

Lil-Rokslider
Perfectly understandable! Just going to second having the lightest scent footprint possible in days leading up, esp if there's already pressure pushing them into pockets.
Yeah, I’m hoping there won’t be a ton of pressure before season, hopefully most of the hunters won’t stray far from the trucks, lol.

Amincey34

FNG
If there is snow make sure to put some on the underside of your nose too. Sunburn nostrils are brutal and not something you typically think about.

This guy knows a thing or two because he’s seen a thing or two!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk