Fierce Firearms Disaster

Harvey_NW

WKR
SAAMI accepted and published reamer and chamber drawings for 300 PRC & 6.5 PRC, June 13, 2018 with zero Revisions. If Fierce were chambering to the stated SAAMI prints, an ammunition mismatch would be unlikely as these issues would have already been considered prior to SAAMI publication.

Dull on size tooling I think would cut oversize or cause chatter.

If the issues are headspace in nature and the go gauge, and reamer are in good shape...the problem is human in nature particularly during the Machinist's inspection and final QC.
Reamers that have been sharpened can be under spec in body dimensions, but the bolt will still close on a go gauge and give a false positive, because go gauges only spec headspace. If factory ammo won't chamber in a SAAMI chamber there's an obvious issue with the chamber or the ammo.

Reamers that have been sharpened can be under spec in body dimensions, but the bolt will still close on a go gauge and give a false positive, because go gauges only spec headspace. If factory ammo won't chamber in a SAAMI chamber there's an obvious issue with the chamber or the ammo.
Harvey_NW,
I think we are saying the same thing. The reamer and go/no go guages are ground based on the SAAMI drawing with exceptions to custom modifications IE: the AW II reamer, and others.
I agree that a re-sharpened reamer could certainly cut an undersize chamber, the fact that the chamber is undersize is a departure, albeit a very small departure away from the SAAMI spec.
I suspect that there might be a number of variables in play here:
-As you mentioned, resharpening...Reamer tolerances small.
-Go/no go gauges that are out of tolerance.
-Machinists that aren't performing their finest work, or doing their finest dimensional inspection.
-Tooling inspections, particularly reamer inspections with a CMM.

I can tell by your response that you know your way around machine tools thus, I also can tell that you know there are many other variables that could contribute to rifles failing to chamber.

If the tooling is correct and the chamber is machined per print, indicated properly, correct feeds and speeds..... ..Ammunition, (especially Factory) is not the likely culprit.

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
All my Fierce rifles shoot lights out. Sorry to all the cry bags out there. These guns shoot hell of a lot better than any other store bought rifle I’ve had. Keep the crap talking going lol. Means nothing to the guys that own them and love them. To the people that “read” this thread and decide to go a different direction…lol good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadrunner1

Lil-Rokslider
All my Fierce rifles shoot lights out. Sorry to all the cry bags out there. These guns shoot hell of a lot better than any other store bought rifle I’ve had. Keep the crap talking going lol. Means nothing to the guys that own them and love them. To the people that “read” this thread and decide to go a different direction…lol good luck.

When you say lights out, what kind of groups are you getting and what is the approximate cost of the rifle?

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
When you say lights out, what kind of groups are you getting and what is the approximate cost of the rifle?

.3 MOA . Cost is relative. 10k rifles shoot .3 MOA, some $500 shoot .3 MOA. Cost means nothing. Components mean everything.

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
Do your rifles have rifling or are they smooth bores?

Only 1 rifle has ever been like that. Get over it lol. Insane how much hate is here. Dude got multiple free rifles out of it from Fierce….my god.

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
So yours were the rifled versions?

Your asking if they are the rifled version as in plural, not singular. I’m not familiar with that version. Ive only heard of the unicorn. Basically a myth at this point. Just cuz someone says it happened, doesn’t mean it did. And with his sketch story missing tons of info, I’d be skeptical

Roadrunner1

Lil-Rokslider
0.3 is every impressive, and you are correct a $500 rifle can also produce 0.3 group and yes components have a lot to do with it as well as good eye and steady hand. To each his own but personally I prefer older Remington 700 or Winchester 70. A lot cheaper and can produce same kind of groups.

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking of skeptical, are you affiliated with Fierce?

Only own a couple. I choose to own them because of how good they shoot. That’s it. I do love the infatuation of this mythical unicorn gun tho. Makes for a good laugh of a half baked story. I heard the story from the horses mouth. Went a little differently, that’s why I still choose to do business with them. Spent 7k with them this month alone. Killer rifles, the haters can go suck a fat one. Could care less.

bmart2622

WKR
Ive owned a Fierce but my Seekins out shoots it easily, my rilfe did have rifling but Fierces CS is a joke!!! This dude talking tough and rambling on about how good they are reeks of having an affilition with Fierce

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
Ive owned a Fierce but my Seekins out shoots it easily, my rilfe did have rifling but Fierces CS is a joke!!! This dude talking tough and rambling on about how good they are reeks of having an affilition with Fierce

I’d own a Seeking except I’m not a fan of plastic stocks for near the same price as carbon stocks. Or 26 inch barrels, or steel only barrels, or 1:10 twist rates on a 300 PRC. Other than that, they are good lol

bmart2622

WKR
The stock on the Seekins is better than the Fierce I had, Seekins also makes barrels shorter than 26", steel barrels are just as good if not better than carbon. What weight bullet are you wanting to shoot out of a prc that a 1:10 wont stabilize? And last and most importantly...what exactly is your title/position at Fierce?

I’d own a Seeking except I’m not a fan of plastic stocks for near the same price as carbon stocks. Or 26 inch barrels, or steel only barrels, or 1:10 twist rates on a 300 PRC. Other than that, they are good lol

Why wouldnt you own a 1 in 10 twist barrel? The calculator shows it to be a good choice.

RS3579

WKR
Your asking if they are the rifled version as in plural, not singular. I’m not familiar with that version. Ive only heard of the unicorn. Basically a myth at this point. Just cuz someone says it happened, doesn’t mean it did. And with his sketch story missing tons of info, I’d be skeptical

Just cuz you say your rifles shoot “lights out” .3 moa doesn’t mean it did. I this your own words? lol 😂

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
The stock on the Seekins is better than the Fierce I had, Seekins also makes barrels shorter than 26", steel barrels are just as good if not better than carbon. What weight bullet are you wanting to shoot out of a prc that a 1:10 wont stabilize? And last and most importantly...what exactly is your title/position at Fierce?

In order to get a smaller barrel you have to spend another $1000 lol. Sorry but the comparison on stocks isn’t even close. Especially on the new Fierce products. 245 bergers. I’m a consumer of Fierce. What’s your hating position on a firearms company that produces near custom rifles for 1/2 the price again? Based on 1 incident/option that may or may have not happened? Exactly…

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
Just cuz you say your rifles shoot “lights out” .3 moa doesn’t mean it did. I this your own words? lol

Let’s say it doesn’t shoot .3 moa…what’s your point lol? If I think it shoots lights out, that’s what matters. Period. I’m not posting on here with some agenda to talk trash on a company after receiving free additional firearms from that same company…what a POS