FHF Gear Rangefinder Pouch Video Review...

slim9300

WKR
About 3 months ago I had some ideas for a rangefinder pouch after I stumbled across Paul at FHF Gear's website. I saw where he would build custom items to what ever specs you provide, not to mention all the other great items he has already perfected. I emailed Paul and he explained to me that he was a busy man (due to a giant backlog, already having a full-time job and a family) and that it would take a couple months for him to get started. I agreed and sent him pics and notes of my ideas. Then the wait began.

Originally, I was going to have a magnetized opening and a non-belt loop style type of attachment. I was actually going to send him the 3/4" "cams" Kifaru uses to attach items to its Molle webbing on the Timberline and KU pack series. After thinking about it a little, I decided to go away from these two ideas for simplicities sake. The magnet interferes with the compass on my watch as I already found out with my Carter release and the cams left questions of how the pouch would stay secure and not flop upward when pulling out the rangefinder.

Here are the pics of the final product from Paul. It's funny how something so simple can be so much more functional than my current pouch. The excess material of the shock chord closure band are now cut off. They are left long so that you can get the exact tension you are looking for.

102_5317.JPG

102_5315.JPG

102_5316.JPG

Below is the video. Sorry in advance, the lighting sucks. The one thing I forgot to mention is that the little black deal right next to the rangefinder on the attachment chord is a small buckle. This allows you to quickly detach the rangefinder for any reason; say I wanted to drop my pack (which is rare).

[video]http://youtu.be/pxZGO88p9Ok[/video]

Here is Paul's website. He makes a killer bino harness that I would own if I didn't love my Sitka Bino Bivy so much, not to mention countless other goodies that make life in the backcountry a smoother operation.

http://www.fhfgear.com/

Last edited:
OP
slim9300

slim9300

WKR
Nice video, I would loose that top piece in about a day:)

Lol. I used to have that problem. I can tell you that it will never fall off on its own. Either way, Paul's typical pouch has a fixed lid.

Worst case. A new lid is pretty cheap. =)

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Fyi... Paul is running a combo deal, if you order a bino case you can get a rangefinder pouch added for an extra $25. This combo before his price increase was $100, now I think it is $110. So total price is less then a sitka or badlands case alone.

OP
slim9300

slim9300

WKR
Thanks! The stove comparison thread was posted on here but fell off quickly. =)

I think I will bump it up for the day.

Looks like an awesome product. I ordered a bear spray holster from Paul and I really like it. I would order more from him in a heart beat.

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
If I ever do upgrade my bino's I will definitely get his bino system. I've already over spent my gear budget this year and like to sleep in the house so its gonna have to wait!