Feedback on the Chevy 2.8 CO Diesel?

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is a '17. 105k. Big issue is finding dealerships that know how to work on them. Seems they get misdiagnosed. Gas mileage still greatly. Have dealt with issues of wire harness that got rubbed on chasis-dealership wanted to replace torque converter when it just needed respliced. Odd issues have occured but most all minor if you go to a reputable mechanic with some familiarity. Waiting for emission issues to start, haven't yet. Overall I'm pleased. They have stopped making them. Resale price has bottomed out in my opinion. Mine is still stock.

sndmn11

WKR
Mine is a '17. 105k. Big issue is finding dealerships that know how to work on them. Seems they get misdiagnosed. Gas mileage still greatly. Have dealt with issues of wire harness that got rubbed on chasis-dealership wanted to replace torque converter when it just needed respliced. Odd issues have occured but most all minor if you go to a reputable mechanic with some familiarity. Waiting for emission issues to start, haven't yet. Overall I'm pleased. They have stopped making them. Resale price has bottomed out in my opinion. Mine is still stock.

What is that mpg?

What do you mean resale has bottomed out?

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
What is that mpg?

What do you mean resale has bottomed out?
Low-mid 20 highway, 16 towing.

Tacoma's were close to the same price or cheaper when I bought mine. Got mine new for $37k in '17. Lots of places were selling them for $40k at the time. It has 105k and was worth about 17-19k last time I checked. Tacoma's with the same features mileage and vintage are worth considerably more. Plus, people know how to work on Tacoma. They hold their value. But, as a buyer paying less for a Colorado may be worth it. You'll have to investigate their problems and make that determination. They don't make them anymore if I'm not mistaken. That should say something. What will that do to the cost of future repairs and part availability?

At this point it's not worth it for me to sell it. It's beat up but runs smooth and has served me well with less than 3k in unforseen maintenance costs. I couldn't replace it with anything nicer for the price I could get for it.

17Hunter

FNG
I have a 2020 Z71 long box with the diesel, 57K miles. Bought it brand new in Oct 2019, 12 miles on it when I picked it up. Not a single problem. 28-30 mpg highway, 24-25 city driving. I dont tow much with mine, so cant help you there. They are more expensive to own for sure. Tank of def lasts about 3K miles, fuel filters about 30K. Great truck and I love mine, but with diesel costs, I drive my 2015 Tacoma daily and I am saving money on fuel. The Chevy is a nicer truck than the Toyota, in my opinion.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
As an update, I ended up with the ZR2 Gas V-6. I've had it 4 years now, no issues at all but not many miles on it!

It's a very comfortable truck over my Toyota. The ZR2 averages 20 mpg. I now have 33's on it & that reduces mileage a bit but I could care less.

ElkNut

sndmn11

WKR
As an update, I ended up with the ZR2 Gas V-6. I've had it 4 years now, no issues at all but not many miles on it!

It's a very comfortable truck over my Toyota. The ZR2 averages 20 mpg. I now have 33's on it & that reduces mileage a bit but I could care less.

ElkNut

Do you use the lockers ever?

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
No I haven't. In the 4 years I've only had the truck in 4x4 once, it was about 4 miles worth in some wet snow. I have 8900 miles on it at present. I'm not an off road guy just to see what it can do. I bought the truck for its looks & the lockers but haven't used them & doubt I will. I may sell it one day as I just rarely drive it.

ElkNut