Federal Terminal Ascent Bullets - Anyone used em?

They are and I think Midway had some or now lists it as coming soon? I’d love to hand load the 200s for my 300WM

tak

WKR
7 Mag factory loads are in stock on federal's website...

I doubt that means they/ll load 280AI anytime soon, but one can hope. Previously I've only seen 308, 6.5CM in stock, so that's a good sign at least.

Sanicom69420

Lil-Rokslider
I was able to get a 0.5 MOA load developed with some I got from American Reloading for my 270 win using 4000 MR. Will be using it on Pronghorn and Mule Deer next month.

They aren’t on American reloading often, and if you get the email that they are in stock, have your credit card ready or you’ll miss them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idaho10mm

FNG
Very accurate from my kimber hunter 280 ai, two shots to take this elk.

Attachments

• 04A36945-8210-4183-886D-DFDC2E9BCECC.jpeg
    04A36945-8210-4183-886D-DFDC2E9BCECC.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 68

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
It's highly recommended, and if you like its performance, then most likely you will like the Federal Premium berger hybrid. Here is a link to both using ammoseek.com , both available as of today

https://ammoseek.com/

ianpadron

WKR
Old thread but figured I'd chime in with some field experience from this season. Buddy of mine was running 200 grain TAs out of his 300WM.

Shot a big bodied muley at 450 yards, quartering away and headed uphill left to right, bullet entered right behind the shoulder on the right side, golf ball exit through the opposite high shoulder.

He stumbled downhill and I couldn't believe what I was watching through my spotter, looked like someone hit him with a chainsaw, blood literally spraying out of the exit. I was impressed.

Exit pictured below.
1000001721.jpg

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have first hand experience with the 136 grain out of a 270 win on elk?

I was able to get a 0.5 MOA load developed with some I got from American Reloading for my 270 win using 4000 MR. Will be using it on Pronghorn and Mule Deer next month.

They aren’t on American reloading often, and if you get the email that they are in stock, have your credit card ready or you’ll miss them.

Care to share your load data?

VernAK

WKR
I had great results from the earlier TBBC but it has just been too difficult to acquire TAs so I've had to move on. The TA would definitely be high on my list of hunting bullets if readily available.

I had great results from the earlier TBBC but it has just been too difficult to acquire TAs so I've had to move on. The TA would definitely be high on my list of hunting bullets if readily available.
I have been able to easily find .277 lately. I will be figuring out a load for 270wsm and magpro powder before long.

Sanicom69420

Lil-Rokslider
They are available on Gunbroker pretty regularly now, but you will be paying Gunbroker prices on them. Just ran my saved search and .277s, .264s and .308s are available at the moment.

They are available on Gunbroker pretty regularly now, but you will be paying Gunbroker prices on them. Just ran my saved search and .277s, .264s and .308s are available at the moment.

Yep, several places have them and I have even been able to find 270wsm brass

Jmgates09

FNG
It's highly recommended, and if you like its performance, then most likely you will like the Federal Premium berger hybrid. Here is a link to both using ammoseek.com , both available as of today

https://ammoseek.com/
The federal premium berger hybrid hunter 185gr drops em where they stand out my 300wsm

Jmgates09

FNG
FEDERAL.COM HAS 200GR TERMINAL ASCENT IN 300WSM and if anyone has a 1 in 11 twist tikka and wonders if it will stabilize them mine does out to 200 any farther idk

Hschweers

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_2561.jpeg
I’ve killed 2 small southern deer with the 175 factory 308 ammo. This was the first. Shot was about 40 yards. Through the ribs and lungs. That’s the exit side damage. Blood trail Ray Charles could follow. Deer ran about 30 yards before crashing

The second deer was about a 50 yard shot. Bullet didn’t exit, and I didn’t find a drop of blood, but the deer only ran about 60 yards before crashing in sight.

Killed bull in my profile pic with a factory 175 TA in .308. Shot was steep down angle at around 80 yards. Hit high side of near lung and exited low on far side lung. Dropped him to his front knees on the shot, and then he stood back up, turned around, and walked 50 yards before flopping over for good. Very good blood trail with the shot angle. I don't have any necropsy pics, but from memory entry was caliber sized and exit was roughly the size of a quarter.

I was shooting 2-2.5" groups at 200 yards with the TA and around 3" with the 180 TBBC.

Luison

FNG
Hi, I have been using the Terminal Ascent in 270 WSM for two years. I live in Spain, we have a hunting season during the winter that consists of driven hunts and the rest of the year we stalk. I have shot 200 bullets with great success, mostly red deer (males and females), european wild boar, mouflon and fallow deer. No problem in the collections.
Stalking I have shot two or three boxes, in the big red deer in the north of Spain (over 425 pounds) I have had one shot kills mostly falling on the spot and others I have had to double the shot to avoid the animal to get into the bush. For the rest of the animals, all under that weight, they are fulminant with red deer, mouflons, spanish ibex, roe deer, chamois, wild boar, etc.
Regarding the Accubond, Partition, or Norma's Tip Strike, perhaps I like the TA better, both in a Kimber and in a Tikka, although it is true that I don't usually make hunting shots above 550 yards.