Federal Terminal Ascent 7mm Rem Magnum

I am looking at buying the 155 grain 7mm magnum for a mule deer hunt in Montana. Does anyone have any experience with this bullet.
I have always used the Winchester ballistic silver tips but can't find any.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've used the 130g 6.5mm Terminal Ascent on several deer and they performed perfect from 30yds to 300yds. I wish I could get my hands on the 7mm 155g bullet to load with for my 7SAUM.

Wags

WKR
I'd really like to find some of the projectiles to reload. I had a box for my son's 6.5, they were hammers.

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
I shot the 155s out of a 280 ai. No experience on game but they grouped well and the velocity was most consistent of the factory rounds I tested. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them.

My sons shot these from their 7 mm mag Bergara's on our elk hunt this year. One was at 600 yards the second at 660 yards. I am more then impressed with this ammo. Both dropped on the spot. the guides were super impressed and are now switching to these in their guns.

I shoot a 300 win mag, but am going to get a 7 mm mag and shoot these!!!!!

OP
gsphunter1
Worked great on my hunt in Montana and Wyoming. 2 mule deer and both dropped on the spot. One at 80 yards and one at 268 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_6348.jpg
    IMG_6348.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6445.jpg
    IMG_6445.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 45
Forget getting the components to reload. They’ve been advertising those components for 2 years.

Dlgies

FNG
Most accurate factory load I have ever shot. I’ll be using the 155 for elk and mule deer this year.

HBHunter

FNG
I am looking at buying the 155 grain 7mm magnum for a mule deer hunt in Montana. Does anyone have any experience with this bullet.
I have always used the Winchester ballistic silver tips but can't find any.
I have this exact bullet for my Proof Elevation 7mm Rem Mag. VERY inconsistent muzzle velocities... 2900 fps to 3100 fps. I finally abandoned the bullet when it took 5 hits to take down an elk at 650 yards. The bullets performed poorly. No exit wound. I would not recommend.

Worked great on my hunt in Montana and Wyoming. 2 mule deer and both dropped on the spot. One at 80 yards and one at 268 yards.
Nice!!

How were the wound channels? Get exits?

I have used them quite a bit in the 6.5 creed and 308 and had not seen any red flags. I think the furthest was 315yds

The only scenario that they didn’t cause a lot of damage was on a big bear at 300-ish, it slipped ribs on the entrance and made about a 1.5” exit, besides that they have been pretty good, the recovered bullets looked like a pissed off accubond.. better upset and a lot more jagged.

I would think that the 7mag would be a pretty good bullet. They remind me of a modernized partition, that shoot better. They have been very consistently accurate in every rifle I’ve shot them in (only a sample of 4 rifles)