FCS Playoffs

2ski

WKR
So first and foremost. FTG. All day everyday. Lol

That 8pm time for the Cats Friday. It's going to be fun. But I might go to bed in the stands by the end.

Only teams left are seeded and 1 or no loss teams. Though i do believe Weber should've been seeded. Don't know a ton about the east coast teams. I'll be curious to see how many are left after this weekend. I know the only loss for W&M was to Elon who had the Bobcats qb from last year playing for them. So it's nice to know they've already learned to lose to Bobcats. 😆

Gobbler36

WKR
The other thing about NDSU moving up is that it drags all the other sports with it. It wouldn't just be football. The travel budget alone would be brutal. As an FCS fan, I'd love to see other schools close the gap instead of the power schools continue to move up as that leaves the rest of FCS all the poorer. I hated that we lost JMU.

In addition, if the Bison were to move up, do you think they'd rather play for a shot at a lesser bowl game for a G5 conference each year? That's about all they'd have to look forward to initially. Being a Furman fan, my animosity toward App St and Georgia Southern runs deep, but I almost felt sorry for them in their final regular season matchup. Both were previous FCS powerhouses with multiple national titles to their name and here they were at 6-5 (App) and 5-6 (GSU) both desperately trying to win for a bowl game in Myrtle Beach or some such place. GSU won and stormed the field to celebrate a 6-6 season, (3-5 in conference play). Erk Russell was probably rolling over in his grave. No offense, @Gobbler36.
None taken and agree with the above

NDSU's Hunter Leupke, the 2021 championship game MVP and #1 ranked fullback in the 2023 NFL draft is officially done for the season. Next guy up, but a big blow to a pretty sluggish offense that's built on pounding the ball.

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
Feel bad for Hunter, and the team. But after 3-4 seasons with this offensive coordinator, I would have trouble saying the offense is built on anything. In my opinion, it is very non-descript.

Bison fan/alumn here. It's true, the excitement about bison football has subsided. I basically just pay attention on games against FBS, SDSU, or the playoffs anymore.

The Jacks seem like a tough team to top this year but they are fantastic at shitting their pants in the playoffs so we'll see.

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
watched my bobcats put a whoopin on ole Bill and Mary this weekend. #gocats
I'm not sure what their coach was all upset about, they were getting beat in every aspect of the game. But it almost got uncomfortable to watch at the end, looked like I was out there playing defense...

I'm not sure what their coach was all upset about, they were getting beat in every aspect of the game. But it almost got uncomfortable to watch at the end, looked like I was out there playing defense...
damn i missed that. i ended up turning it off when it got ridiculous.

2ski

WKR
I guess I'm not sure what you are talking about. I was at the game and didn't see anything. I saw him get upset earlier in the game. What did he do?

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
When the camera would show W&M coach he was always throwing his hands up and down and screaming, appeared to be at the refs. hard to tell with quick shots from camera. The "uncomfortable" part of my comment was W&M defense, because the bobcats are trying to run out the clock and its a 45yd run.

Saw a link posted for tickets to the games and looks like the Fargo Dome is only about 80% sold. Probably be less than half full because of the storm and basically every road in the state being shut down. Got tons of friends trying to dump ticket online that don't live in Fargo and can't make it. Taking the crowd out of the game will play HUGE into UIW's favor.

Looks like the SDSU game was less than 50% sold. I'd imagine most students are still stuck at both places. NDSU should do what SDSU did and just open the doors for free to all the stranded students to pack the joint. At least make a bunch of money off of beer if you can't sell tickets! And as someone who spent 5 years in Fargo, I mean a BUNCH of money.