FCS Playoffs

MT257

WKR
SDSU deserved the W yesterday. They outplayed MSU in every way possible. Tough to see Mellot end up going down in what turned out to be the last game of the year for the second year in a row. NDSU better get real healthy over the next three weeks, I think this is the year SDSU wins it.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
ND squeaked by; SD no squeaking there :D

Hoping for a crushing for ND, they have enough titles for 50 years

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
NDSU is not healthy, and I just don't believe we have an answer for SDSU defense. And I mean South Dakota State, not the San Diego State defense that ESPN showed during halftime of NDSU game when talking about the Jackrabbits. Unreal the lack of respect you get from them.

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
FCS is going to have a tough time in the current football world. The NLI and transfer portal will kill their recruiting. Transfer and play now verses sit a year. Writing is on the wall for FCS.

The data on the NLI stuff has always kinda shown that schools that are in a mid market without pro teams (in the case of FBS) or massive FBS teams (in the case of FCS) have the advantage. NDSU, SDSU, and MSU for example should be at an advantage when it comes to NLI. Regional sponsors have nowhere else to put their money and Bison Football is big business (relatively speaking) for the region. It's schools that are sharing a city/region with a pro team and a power 5 school that I think will get harmed. So maybe you're right in a way and the competition really starts to favor a handful of teams at the top that have the community to bring players in.

I do agree on the transfer portal though. Kids will always want to upgrade so to speak. NDSU lost 3 starters right the before the playoffs started. Saw this morning one just signed with K State.

OP
DINforlife
FCS is the way to go.

Bowl games, while entertaining, are merely exhibition games.

P
Amen. I love bowl games, but the FCS playoffs are where it’s at. The attached image is a candid shot of me interrupting normal Clemson/SC water cooler talk at work with FCS playoff updates.

Attachments

• 11B49D2E-4A9E-40F7-9BE2-616D78D927BA.jpeg
    11B49D2E-4A9E-40F7-9BE2-616D78D927BA.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 11
No denying the Jacks are a better team than the Bison this year, it should finally be their year to get a natty. The bison passing offense is pretty terrible. Not sure who should get most blame, QB, WRs, offensive coordinator, probably all 3? That said, the Bison are 9-0 in Frisco and the Jacks are historically great at shitting the bed in the playoffs. Wouldn't surprise me to see NDSU take home another.

Last edited:

gav

FNG
I’m headed to the Montana St. V Weber St. game here in a couple hours! I’ll be watching/keeping track of the other games pretty closely. We have a saying around these parts… Eat Grizzlies, Go Cats Go!!

Sent from my iPhone using

gav

FNG
While this weekend is conference championship weekend at the FBS level, it’s also the second round of the FCS playoffs. Anybody going to be tuning into watch any of those games today?

While a bit of a niche thing here in the East, I know FCS is a bit bigger in a few places west of the Mississippi, especially in the mountain west region. I’ll be pulling hard for my Socon teams today (both intrigued by and sweating the Furman/UIW matchup) and then for the underdogs (Go Griz!) and chaos (GW, Richmond, UD, Weber, UNH) everywhere else. 😄 Should be a great day of football! 😎
Great tournament format the big schools could learn from it go griz

Southeast

FNG
I'm looking forward to my first trip to Frisco (SDSU fan). It's hard not to be confident after being in the stands and seeing the Jacks completely dominate the lines of scrimmage against MSU. I'm not dumb enough to overlook NDSU in the playoffs, however. To beat them you don't just have to be better, you need to get a few lucky breaks - because they surely will.

Scoot

WKR
I kinda checked out a few years ago (as did most NDSU fans....

From what I heard locals hardly even watch regular season games...
Of course these statements will apply to a few folks, but mostly this is not true. There are Bison fans all over and they are watching.

Personally, I don't see them winning the final one this year. In fact, I expect them to lose by a good bit. Losing two All Americans (Luepke and Mostaert)and a right guard who was playing really well (Miller) is huge. Luepke was a man among boys most of the time and him not being in this one is a big deal.

huntngolf

Lil-Rokslider
Jacks fan here, also making the trip down to Frisco. Jacks played a near perfect game against the bobcats, hopefully that carries on against the bison. The jacks seem like the clearly better team, but the bison win so many games that they shouldn’t have you can never count them out. If they don’t get a passing game going somewhat they will lose though. Also, ive heard that moestart the all American dt is expected back for this game

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
They rolled them but good- congrats to the Jackrabbits! No sympathy for the Bison- they have enough trophies to last them for a couple of decades.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That wasn't a pop top of whoop ass they opened on the Bison today, that was a peel top lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk