Favorite trekking poles?

JStol5

WKR
Looking for some folks favorite trekking pole that won’t break the bank. Gonna need 4WD for the season.. haven’t seen a thread in a bit. Looking at Leki and Black Diamond. Mostly day hunting so weight isn’t a huge concern, mostly durability and price. Thanks.

Gapmaster

WKR
I’ve been running the same set of Black Diamonds for the past few years. Probably have 300+ miles on them. Still in fantastic shape. Whatever you get, get cam locks on the extensions and cork handles. Make sure you adjust the cam lock screw before you use them as well.

Also, check the classified forum. Usually someone selling some. Save some $ so you can payoff someone else’s student loans!!

I've had the same pair of Leki for 20 years. They were a little pricey way back then but were worth it after all this time. I'm taking them in about a week to go chase elk in Colorado.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Llama32

WKR
Classified Approved
Looking for some folks favorite trekking pole that won’t break the bank. Gonna need 4WD for the season.. haven’t seen a thread in a bit. Looking at Leki and Black Diamond. Mostly day hunting so weight isn’t a huge concern, mostly durability and price. Thanks.
Leki aluminum as they have a lifetime warranty and I've been running mine for the last 8 years in volney had to replace one of them as I was in some deadfalls and got caught in a bad spot

They do not warranty carbon fiber ones

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
SAS archery ones and I think there is a Rokslide discount code. Or hold
Out for the new argali ones

I have been using the cascade mountain tech carbon poles for 5 years. No complaints and about $40.

I like the peax best from what I have used, but brands aside, I like the cam locks way better than twist locks, it’s a more robust system, twist locks don’t seem to hold up very long

REI Flash Carbon poles. Man they have gone up. I think I paid $100 for mine. Just make sure you get camlocks whatever you do.

i had a set of leki legacy lite for years that i liked until i left them at a trailhead in CO last year. Hunting partner has had the peax sissy stix for 3-4 years and loved them, so i purchased the back country pro's to try.

For day to day hunting I use CamoFire aluminum or comparable Black Diamond. They work fine for what they are.

For remote hunts (ex: fly-in sheep hunts) it is my Leki Micro-Vario Cabons.

Michael54

WKR
Any huge guy friendly ones? I was in a nasty wreck last year and put over 90lbs on. I also developed neuropathy in my right leg from the shin down as a result and can't really "feel" where i'm placing my foot when walking. I figure my best bet for hunting season this year is to make sure i have a set of trekking poles for extra stability while walking.