Favorite Sign

Long Cut

WKR
Give me a 3-4’ tall rub going from thick stuff to open stuff is all I need.

The cedar on the right is an “average” shin to knee height rub.
The rub in the background is above my belly button and has tine marks at neck height.
I’m 5’11 for reference.

A Spike can rub a basketball diameter sized tree, but he won’t rub it 3-4’ height. IMG_9036.jpeg

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
OIP.6jL910XyeYDb1NrRPD-wBgHaE7

this is my favorite, it tells me there are deer in the area.
Nyou stole my thought.

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
"Curious to hear what everyone’s favorite/confidence sign is to hunt? I.e. if you could only pick one, would you setup on a game trail, rub, scrape, fresh poop, chewed up acorns, etc.

Still after my first whitetail, but so far trail intersections have led to the most deer sightings for me (all does and spikes). Get me pretty fired up when I find multiple converging in an area while scouting."

Depends on what kind of deer you are after. Heavily used trails are going to provide a lot of does and spikes as you mentioned. Maybe during the rut larger deer will use these trails following does.

Generally I like thickets and the trails leading out. They don't need to be heavily used (but a nice large track in them is a confidence builder) but it helps to be near a food source. Hunt early and late. Just my opinion.

AHorst

FNG
During pre-rut stages, once scrapes start opening up I hunt those. If you can find one that a buck is hitting during the daylight that is your best bet. I hit a big 8 last Friday after he made a scrape line.