Favorite Sheep Hunting Pants

schmalzy

WKR
Only one sheep hunt under my belt but I wore Kutana’s in AK and would definitely do it again. Also worn Aoudad hunting in W Texas and happy there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBen

WKR
Mountain Hardwear Basin Trek under 10 ounces in my size 32. Pair with 5 ounce kuiu side zips.

Marty

Lil-Rokslider
Stone Glacier DeHavilland Lite are my current favorite.

For my application, big game hunting in Alaska (from sheep season in August to spring bear hunts post-holing through snow) I find that the Lites strike a good balance for the range of use.

For warmer weather, I reach for the Lites or Ascent pants. For colder hunts, I reach for the Timberlines or regular Dehavillands. When conditions and/or exertion is variable, Dehavilland Lites provide the most versatility IMO.

For reference, I have the Wrangler Outdoors pants, Sitka Ascent Pants, Sitka Timberline Pants, SG DeHavilland's, Dehavilland Lites, Cyre Precision G3 pants, and older pairs of Arcteryx and Northface hiking pants.

I wore Kuiu Pro Pants on my sheep hunt. Great pants but I still prefer Kuiu Attack. I have a pair of Stone Glacier De Haviland lite pants that fit perfectly with no alterations. I haven't worn them on a hunt yet. After several pack hikes and washes, the material is still really noisy. Wouldn't matter on a rifle hunt. I've never tried Sitka pants because I like hip vents.

8grenade

FNG
Love my Kuiu attack pants, though lately I've been hiking in a pair of Stoic pants that I like just as well. I don't know the model on those - got them off of steapandcheap a few years back.

Bowfinatic

Lil-Rokslider
I wore the sitka timberline for my hunt and love them. Use them all year at home for turkey, shed hunting, whitetail

I have a couple kuiu pants including attack but they just don't fit quite right. To tight in the quads. Sitka has a little me stretch which I prefer

Stone Glacier De Havilland lites

kuiu and sitka(minus timberline) pockets catch when scooting/moving through rocks

Rowsdower

FNG
I’ve done 8 sheep hunts here in AK and worn Sporthill 3sp pants every time, most other hunts also, and never thought they were lacking. Personal preference I guess, dry quickly and comfortable.

Jimss

WKR
Depends on the weather. If hot I use Kuiu Tiburons and if cooler Kuiu Guides. I wore Sitka's for years but have slowly switched to Kuiu because they fit me a lot better. Tiburons are super nice because they breath so well plus they are SOOO light and compact.

For Alaska dall sheep and goat I bring Kuiu pants, long johns bottoms, and Sitka raingear. With that combo you have pretty much all weather covered. Obviously, it gets windy and wet. When sitting for long periods of time it's nice to stay warm and dry.

In Colo high alpine sheep and goat country hunts the weather can change quickly. The same things mentioned in the Alaska paragraph above. It's good to have all 3 layers.