Favorite hoodie

I like the KUIU Peloton 240 full zip hoodie. Hood fits perfect. The sleeves are snug...great for bowhunting as you don’t have your string hitting it. I wear my them for other use like x-country skiing and hiking a lot too.

I do like the Peloton 97 quarter zip too but don’t wear it as much. Was a great piece for carrying the pack loaded down with caribou meat for several days last fall as it is very breathable yet the hood kept my neck warm on he sub-freezing mornings.

Patagonia R1 is the best designed grid fleece midlayer on the market. All others try to be it, none are it. I Use it as an outer layer in the early season, and a mid layer in the mid season. I then transition to the Arcteryx Leaf Naga gen 2 hoody in the late season.

Sitka core heavy weight
Sitka core light weight
Patagonia R1
Triple aught design vortex hoody

These all find there way into the rotation for hunting.

For everyday wear I really like my TAD gear Theorem hoody and Simms Challenger hoody

Almost every garment I own has a hood :)

Sitka Core LWT for a base layer in warmer to cool conditions
Patagonia Thermal Weight for a base layer in cold conditions
mid-layer in colder conditions Patagonia R1 or Sitka Heavyweight (pretty close to identical fabric wise)
mid-layer in warmer conditions- Peloton 97 hoody (I’ve tried this as a base layer in colder conditions and it does pretty good, the Pat thermal weight does better imo)
I have a Kelvin Active hoody that I’m going to give a go- a cross between a vest and jacket with a modest amount of Polartec Alpha insulation

My hoody collection is half of my closet...

I own the Fanatic hoody that a lot of folks are recommending but I don't think it fits this bill. I think you said you like the Klamath (the fanatic is the Sitka version). Great piece, just not for an "all-around". Hiking/lots of movement, great. I hate the sleeve length (t-rex arms and a short torso) so you'd like it for that reason. It's basically a heavy waffle-grid fleece with a hood and weird built in mittens. It does have the front pocket though.

I have a Swazi Rooskie and it is easily my most worn garment. Next to that would be a poly blend hoodie from Mtn Ops. Hands down, the most comfortable hoodie I own. Doesn't stretch out when I push my sleeves up. Neck isn't too tight. Great weight.

Carhartt Rain defender hoodie is also a good pick but the zipper for the high collar can be irritating if I'm being active at all (hiking/splitting wood). It's also very much on the heavy side.

I like the Kryptek Arma series, both with and without the hood and layer them together when it gets colder and I want camo. My all time favorite hoody is the Arc'teryx LEAF Naga, Gen 2, have 3 colors, and always have one on from Oct-March. I have long arms and torso, gen2 fits well, not too tight and not loose, a very warm hoody for the weight. Expensive and only buy on sale and when I have rewards points.

Suprised no one has mentioned this yet but under armor hoodies are pretty comfy and lightweight. And can be found on sale pretty cheap constantly

Back