Favorite Backcountry Gear 2022

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
What’s wrong with the hydration? I use a platypus or camelbak for clean water from my pack. Then I have a dirty vessel for water using this: https://cnocoutdoors.com/products/vecto-befree-kit

The material I think is more resilient than stuff other brands use. I’ve used the befree for water even as nasty as from a cattle tank in south Texas.
I also bought a steripin on sale right before season started as a backup in case the filter froze.

I should’ve actually added my cnoc+befree as one of my favorite backpacking items.
I appreciate it. I’ll check that out. I wanted to find a sawyer squeeze with one of those quick disconnect to filter directly to my platypus bladder but never could find the adaptor to fit my new model platypus. I’ve heard really great things about the befree it think I should forsure take a closer look. My sawyer slows down pretty quick even with plenty of blackflushing

zpearo

FNG
2022 has been a record year for me. I got a good black bear and elk.

For me, the Phoenix Shooting Bags Small Ridge Runner Bag was the MVP. I used only this as a front support to kill my black bear and as a rear bag for my elk.

Runner up goes to the Wiser Precision Quick Stix. I attached these to some Peax hiking sticks (broke the Costco sticks packing my bear out, they probably saved me some broken bones). I had less than a minute to range my bull elk and make a shot. The Quick Stix had just the right height for me to make the shot.
Did you used the Quick Clip to attach your rifle to the quick stix, or just rest the rifle on top?

WyoKid

WKR
Yep,
New gear that impressed:
1. Meindl Comfort Fit Hunter 400g - My feet inexplicably grew almost a full size a month before my hunt this year, so I had to scramble to find new boots. With less breaking in than normal, they were extremely comfortable, with a wide toe box that I was looking for.
2. Nemo Dragonfly 2 - Moving from a 4.5 lbs tent to this is just crazy.
3. Klymit Luxe Pillow - I’ve been a “stuff your jacket in your sleeping bag stuff sack” guy for years. Never again. Worth every ounce.

Old gear that re-impressed:
1. Havalon Piranta - I know they’re not cool anymore, but man this blade made skinning and caping out my buck a dream.
2. AGC Hybrid Max bino harness - Holds just the perfect amount of gear, along with my binos.
3. Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 - The perfect day pack. Just the right size to load up for a heavy day or an overnighter, or cinches down small when going light. Love this pack.
Yep, Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 is a perfect size and weight. Hauled out several Elk with it.