Favorite 6.5 PRC bullet for elk?

mtnbound

WKR
ELD-M or X, if you are worried about close range over expansion issues (not really an issue) then go with the X as it has a tougher jacket.

Nickels

FNG
I shoot a lot of the Norma Golden Target 143s out of my PRC in the offseason so when my rifle didn’t like the Berger 156s it made sense to try the Bondstrikes. This was at 350 broadside. First shot was thru the shoulder and did not make it to the offside shoulder. Second was back a few inches through the ribs and lodged in the offside shoulder. I would say both bullets dumped their energy inside the chest cavity - was a mess in there. Recovered bullet was just under 60 grains FWIW.
Bull initially had no reaction but after a few more seconds it was apparent it was a dead on his feet. Took a couple steps and kicked over.
1728916961053.jpeg

WKR
The only bull I have killed with a 6.5 caliber was with a 6.5 Saum and 143 eldx at about 45 yards. One frontal shot and he dropped. Between the 143, 147s and 156 bergers, find what shoots best out of your rifle and use it with confidence.
On a side note, I am building a 20" 6.5 WSM in an XM action geared towards the 156s for elk.