Fallow Buck in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia

RhinoKel

FNG
IMG_0409.jpeg
Sharing some success from down under. I took this Fallow Buck last Sunday morning after camping out all night; 293 metre shot which is my furthest successful shot and probably about the limit at which I’d take an animal in the future. Harvested every scrap of meat I could, and even made some venison racks to try out. Second buck from a local private block I have access to. Feel blessed I’ve had the opportunity.

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpeg
    IMG_0486.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    506.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    339 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg
    535.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    789.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    812 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    738.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0408.jpeg
    IMG_0408.jpeg
    704.4 KB · Views: 39

Peregrine

FNG
Very nice indeed. Great work, and now you get to enjoy the tasty meat for some time to come!

Very nice. I spent time in NSW and made several great friends. It is on my wishlist to go back down and hunt with them. One friend specifically really gets after the deer and he loves to get our elk and mule deer pics. When they come to the States next time it is my job to show them some Rocky Mountain Bighorn.

This is a NSW pic from last year.

Attachments

• IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    836.5 KB · Views: 25
Congrats on a great buck, his face is very cool.

I would love to have one of those some day.

Mt Al

WKR
Cool to see something different and hope to make it your way someday, thanks for sharing.

OP
RhinoKel

RhinoKel

FNG
Apologies for the late replies gents, life seems to have become insanely busy of late!
Very nice indeed. Great work, and now you get to enjoy the tasty meat for some time to come!
Thanks mate! Yes we've already had some of the backstrap, was superb.
Very nice, do you add any fat to the ground meat?
So this buck actually had a fair bit of fat on him; the fallow deer in my local area seem to be incredibly healthy especially this time of year, and have been feeding on olives and blackberries. I don't find Fallow deer fat to be greasy either; I know some people are not fans of deer fat but it's never bothered me.
Very nice. I spent time in NSW and made several great friends. It is on my wishlist to go back down and hunt with them. One friend specifically really gets after the deer and he loves to get our elk and mule deer pics. When they come to the States next time it is my job to show them some Rocky Mountain Bighorn.

This is a NSW pic from last year.
Mate that is a cracker! I would be happy with a rack like that any day, congratulations. That's a trophy most of your neighbours won't have!

I'd be the same mate, I dream of coming over one-day to hunt Elk, Muleys and possibly even a Brown bear. But I don't know where to start!
Congrats on a great buck, his face is very cool.

I would love to have one of those some day.
Thanks mate, much appreciated; yes I was very impressed with his battle scars. I would have loved to take a full mount but did not have the facility or funds to do it this year, just a skull cap. I'd love to be in a position to be able to 'swap hunts' with someone overseas oneday.
Congrats, looks like a cross between a mule deer and a caribou, pretty cool looking.
Yeah they are like mini-moose in a way with their big palms. Quite unique when you put them up against some of the more 'tiney' racks.
That's awesome
Thanks mate!
Great looking buck! What caliber did you shoot him with?
Thanks mate, I got this fellow with a 6.5 Creedmore Winchester Deer Season XP. It's more than enough for these guys. They usually top out at 100kg.
Cool to see something different and hope to make it your way someday, thanks for sharing.
100% man I look at all the stuff you guys get to hunt and feel the same! One guys normal is another guys exotic!
That’s cool.

Your burger looks like it needs a 2nd grind.
I like it a bit more course, a lot of it will end up as bolognese :D