Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Howa Mini

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Reactions: BLJ
I also want to make the purchase through Cabelas (Ive got GC's to use), and they don't have that model Tikka in that price range. I feel that one of the above rifles will kill a deer just as dead as that Tikka would.
You do know, you can buy a used/new Tikka through Cabelas/Bass Pro? Ive bought my last 2-3 guns this way. You can use your gift cards, bass pro cards, etc even your points if you have a credit card through bass pro. IF you dont know, just go to their website, click on shooting, then on the right, click on used guns, and then search how ever you want. Most times they will take 10% off if you just ask for a deal, shipping is free from anywhere in the US, to whatever Cabelas/ BP is near you. Easy peasy .....here is one in Colorado T3X 223 also a lot of their stuff isnt even actually used, just store guns that have scratches etc and they want to sell them. So far I have been pleasantly surprised, good luck and I hope it was ok I posted a link?

OP
M

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
I walked into a local gun shop today to look for powder and saw a Ruger Gen2 on the wall in .223. I was able to handle it and compare it to my gen1. The action alone feels a lot smoother than the gen1. Itā€™s very noticeable. I donā€™t care for the stock, but I like the ergonomics of it far better than gen1. Didnā€™t dry fire it so canā€™t speak on the trigger, but not a deal breaker if itā€™s a little heavy. I really like the way it fit me.

I did see that used Tikka, as another member suggested it in an earlier post. My only concern is they describe the bore as ā€œ90% or better.ā€ I donā€™t know what that means for accuracy. May not be a big deal, but thatā€™s not the rifle for me.

Not trying to hijack but just bought a Ruger gen 2 predator for my son to shoot this season. Has anyone shot the Black Hills 77 TMK in one of these? Does it fit the magazine? We're there any pressure signs with the Black Hills being a 5.56 round? Does it jam into the rifling when chambered?