F150 headlights

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2018 f150 XLT. It’s a pretty basic truck. It has a leveling kit on it. After I bought it, I adjusted the lights to shine lower cause everyone was flashing me as if I had my high beams on. Regardless of angle, I can’t see for shit at night. What are my options as far as bulb replacement? I’ve heard I can use LED because it can mess with something or burn something up. Seriously thinking about selling it if I can’t come up with a solution.

packer58

WKR
If your plastic is hazy or cloudy your headlights aren't going to be very bright no matter what bulb you have, if that's the case you can replace the headlight assembly fairly reasonably. I've tried polishing mine and for a while there great but it never lasts.

As far as the last poster..........hope your just kidding a bit

BCsteve

WKR
I have the same truck, same year. I've upgraded the low beam, high beam and fog lights with Led bulbs from this company. Their Ultra V series. Very satisfied with them.

TheHammer

WKR
I have a 19 and have the 4x4 trucks Lux led bulbs in all 3 locations. They are great. Rarely use my high beams. My pos has a 2.5 in the front and 1.5 in rear with add a leaf. Some people still flash.

I have LED bulbs made to work in the OEM halogen housings. I forget the brand.

Drastically better light and visibility, no one flashes me.

If your plastic is hazy or cloudy your headlights aren't going to be very bright no matter what bulb you have, if that's the case you can replace the headlight assembly fairly reasonably. I've tried polishing mine and for a while there great but it never lasts.

Agree with this. I replaced the headlights in my everyday drive vehicle, and it made a world of difference. Also replaced them in my daughter's car. I have to replace mine in another vehicle because polishing only lasts so long.

The issue with replacing the headlights in the F-150 is, like most all vehicles post 1990 (😆), requires the removal of body trim, bumpers, or fenders and some fenagling only a contortionist can perform comfortably to remove and replace.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
I drive a 150 for work and have the same model and year as you. Can’t see out of it at all night. Not sure what the deal, I feel my regular lights are barely visible and the high beams are like regular lights. Also seems to burn through more headlights/taillights than makes sense.

Plus it’s constantly in and out of the shop. Have had engine issues and frequent electrical issues issues.

Truck drives loose as all get out.

If I’m towing 1200 pounds, it’s obvious I’ve got something behind the truck. 500 pounds in the bed? Be ready to fishtail.

Same issues I had with the other 2 150s I’ve driven from Ford.

Now the 250s I’ve driven I’ve always been impressed with but I will never own a 150.

My 2 cents, sell the thing and get a Toyota or a Chevy. It will be weird at first, you’ll be driving around waiting for the next issue on the truck to occur but then it never happens. You’ll get used to have a truck without headaches eventually .

Agree with this. I replaced the headlights in my everyday drive vehicle, and it made a world of difference. Also replaced them in my daughter's car. I have to replace mine in another vehicle because polishing only lasts so long.

The issue with replacing the headlights in the F-150 is, like most all vehicles post 1990 (😆), requires the removal of body trim, bumpers, or fenders and some fenagling only a contortionist can perform comfortably to remove and replace.
Yup. Huge pain in the ass on my F150. Pull off front wheel and remove fender liner just to replace a bulb. Never thought I’d need a floor jack to replace a lightbulb.