F1 Mainframe Help

slimcubby

FNG
I bought the F1 mainframe and 2500 Vapor today. After trying both regular and tall on about 10 times in store I have need up getting the regular. I’m 5’10/5’11” on a good day lol. I’m wondering if I should have gotten the tall to have better load lifters? Or do I need to set up the regular better on the rungs? How do you know what is the correct rung to be on? My only gripe on the tall really was my head hit the mainframe and couldn’t really look up.

Ronge

FNG
I’m not an expert but from what I have read in order to maximize the load lifters you want the belt on the lowest rung it can go on. Then set the shoulder accordingly.

woodswise

FNG
Also, I'm no expert, yet my knowledge goes this way. The load lifter top attachment point at the pack frame should be level with the bottom of our ear lobe. Yet, what's more important is the torso fit of the frame itself. The hip belt should center the hip pad of the belt right on your hip bone. This fact has a little wiggle room for individual preference and comfort. The shoulder strap should have the load lifter attachment point on the shoulder strap be in place over your collar bone. From that point on the shoulder strap the load lifter strap should create a 30 degree angle to the attachment point of the load lifter strap at the top at the pack frame. Again, some play here for preference and comfort. I am small, with a torso length of 15.25 inches. The regular f1 frame offers me no load lifter advantage. That being said, it is a great frame for weights less than 50 pounds for me. The lesser height of the frame does give no problem when tilting my head up. It also is an advantage when moving through brush and limbs which hang up a taller frame. If you going to carry heavy loads, load lifters are fabulous. There are many excellent tutorials on fitting a frame to your body. Study and learn, you'll be happy you did. Fit is everything on the trail.

woodswise

FNG
One more point, the shoulder strap should hug your shoulder as it goes over and down your shoulder blade. If there is a gap where the shoulder strap leaves your shoulder as it goes to the frame past the top of your shoulder, you need to set the shoulder strap assembly on a lower rung of the ladder on the packframe.