Exporting sheep and goats from Alaska vs Canada to the US

What are the differences between shooting something in the US vs Canada as an American? Im assuming Alaska you throw your cape and skull in a cooler and check it as luggage right? What is it like from Canada? Are there veterinary certificates or export tags you have to get? Seems like most Canadian outfits have someone you pretty much have to use to get in back stateside. Just curious if anyone has experience with both. Thanks.

OMB

WKR
What are the differences between shooting something in the US vs Canada as an American? Im assuming Alaska you throw your cape and skull in a cooler and check it as luggage right? What is it like from Canada? Are there veterinary certificates or export tags you have to get? Seems like most Canadian outfits have someone you pretty much have to use to get in back stateside. Just curious if anyone has experience with both. Thanks.
You can use an exporter, but it's pretty straightforward bringing them back in, nothing out of the ordinary needed to clear customs. Cape/horns in a duffel, meat in a cooler.

OP
LonghairDontcare
You can use an exporter, but it's pretty straightforward bringing them back in, nothing out of the ordinary needed to clear customs. Cape/horns in a duffel, meat in a cooler.
Any forms to fill out ahead of time or can you just show up at the airport and customs has it all there?

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Any forms to fill out ahead of time or can you just show up at the airport and customs has it all there?
Alaska you just take it home. In Canada you have to get an export permit, the price depends on species. The Canadian govt filled out our form so I’m not sure if you can fill it out ahead of time. It’s literally one page and takes 30 secs. We went to their game agency office. Keep in mind the permits are not available on holidays or weekends. Also you will want to check to see if your outfitter included it in the hunt cost. No sense in paying twice.

I found a large set of moose sheds I had no interest in bringing back but my friend wanted them. The export permit for them was 500 CA so we said screw that. The next day we stopped by the same office to let them have them and a different official gave us an export permit for free. One of many inconsistencies we observed on our hunt.