Exped Mega Mat 10

halpin40

FNG
Has anyone put an Exped mega mat 10 in a bedroll and used it with a Cabelas xl cot! Looking at doing this combo for wall tent camping!

Also looking for opinions on the mega mat 10 vs mega may 15?

Thanks

JDB9818

WKR
I too LOVE my Mega mat (actually just bought another one). I use it on a cot and it's like sleeping at home.

If I'm sleeping anywhere near my truck where I don't have to pack it, I'm using it!

I brought my MegaMat 10 to the Yukon this year. It was my best new piece of gear. I will take it on every hunt I go on from now on that isn't a true backpack hunt.

valtteri

FNG
I have a Megamat 15 and I just love it. It’s in my van at all times and on winter camping trips with a pulk sled I bring it along. Sleep like a baby!

I thougt about 10 vs 15 and figured this will be my glamping pad so why not go all the way!

Basically if it got lost etc, I’d buy a new one right away.

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 10 and the 15. Both are GTG.

Nothing wrong with the 10, in fact its fantastic. But the 15 is where it's at for me. I'm a side sleeper and have issues with my shoulders falling asleep from the pressure, even in my bed at home. The 15 is the closest I've come to alleviating that.

Others have dinged it for difficulty of deflation and bulk. But I find it no harder to pack up than the 10, though marginally larger. @valtteri--that's cool you use it on winter trips. I'm planning the same. It will replace my old cot + mat combo.

Gone4Days

WKR
I use my mega mat 10 all the time on cots. I Just used it like that in november on a coues hunt. very warm.

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
Yes, the MegaMat 10 on an army cot or even on the Helinox Cot One is a great set up. I sleep better on it than my bed at home. That Cabelas XL would fit it even better.

ahlgringo

WKR
10 is my go to and I love it for cot or back of the truck camping. I didn't even know there was a 15, I am sure it is awesome, but never felt the need for more than the 10. As others have stated, almost as good as my at home bed.

Pn8hall

WKR
Buddy and I both use the megamat 10 on a cot and it is amazing. Just make sure the cot rails are wide enough for pad to sit between them. Mine is a touch narrow and the pad ends up on top of one and below the other. Dont feel the rail but I end up on a slight angle because of it. Buddy runs a teton XL i think and he has no issue fitting between the cot rails. Mine is a cheap field and stream cot.

OP
H

halpin40

FNG
Perfect I have the Cabelas xl cots which should be the same as the Teton xl cot 👍

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
I use the 10 on a Helinox cot for deer and elk hunts and my wife and I use the 15 Duo for car camping with the family. Kids sleep on the DeepSleep 7.5

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
How big are these mats when they're rolled up and deflated? Curious about the 15 In particular

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

The 10 & 15 are pretty large, even when rolled up due to the internal foam. I use a MegaMat Lite 12 when packed size is a concern but I still want more comfort than the tiny backpacking mats.

OP
H

halpin40

FNG
I just got the mega mag 10 I will try to get pics of all steps involved with my bed roll set up!

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy and I both use the megamat 10 on a cot and it is amazing. Just make sure the cot rails are wide enough for pad to sit between them. Mine is a touch narrow and the pad ends up on top of one and below the other. Dont feel the rail but I end up on a slight angle because of it. Buddy runs a teton XL i think and he has no issue fitting between the cot rails. Mine is a cheap field and stream cot.
Are you using the reg or wide megamat ?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk