Exo k4 question - spotter and bipod

repins05

WKR
Exo k4 question. Thinking bout a 5000.

Can you comfortably stuff your pack full and still use the side zip pocket for a compact spotter while using the outside pocket for a tripod.

Was reading a few other posts with a user saying it wasn’t working well for them in regards to the two outside pockets.

JNDEER

WKR
I have not tried it, but if the inside is stuffed with non-hard material and you use a 50mm spotter than I will say yes. If its stuff with firm hard material it could be a challenge. anything larger then a 50mm may be a challenge.

Using the outside water bottle holder pocket is not problem for a tripod, shooting sticks etc even when the pack is stuffed full.

I believe EXO changed the outer edge tube pocket design compared to other generation model bags that allowed for a full bag and you would still have room to fill up the outer pockets.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Stone Glacier makes some side bags that line up perfectly with the K4, forget who shared the trick, but it's pretty slick.

Marbles, post #263

I do - I have a K4 5000 and carry my ATC in the zip pocket and tripod on the same side. Haven't noticed any problems

ljalberta

WKR
If the pack is full, and then you’re jamming a spotter in the zip pocket and trying to fit the tripod in the outer pocket on the same side, it’s not ideal.

It works with a small 55mm spotter, (straight is easier), but as the spotters get bigger everything is tight. I had a Swaro Ats 65 in the side pocket during bear season, but I didn’t try and get the tripod in the outer pocket on that side. In that case I would just strap my spotter to the pack using the strap and don’t worry about the feet being in a pocket.

I will say that usually I just use external straps for my tripod anyway and don’t bother with trying to sneak the feet in a pocket.

I think I misunderstood - I do exactly what @ljalberta does. Compact spotter goes in the outer zip pocket and tripod goes strapped to the pack with its feet in the little pouch thing.

sr80

WKR
I had my 5500 stuffed with gear for a 10 day sheep hunt, was easily still able to put my swaro 65 ATS in the side zip pock.

Attachments

• IMG_4435.JPEG
    IMG_4435.JPEG
    481.7 KB · Views: 13