Exo K4 Pack - Nalgene Holster - Left or Right?

What side are you running it on?

• Left Hand Side

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Right Hand Side

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Having not run a Nalgene before, what side are you placing yours? I'm right handed for what its worth. Typically use belt pouch on left side, Ivory holster on right.

Ivory holster right and nalgene left. However, it might be my bugle tube left. Going to see if i can modify the nalgene holder. LOL

Sadler

WKR
Rifle over right side, nalgene left. That way stock doesn't bounce off nalgene. I may try to fit a Kifaru gunbearer. I did just use a sling.
I used it on my k4 last year and it worked fine. I am looking forward to exo’s version though. Having it connect the same way the Nalgene holster does will make a good system even better.

Reactions: prm

prm

WKR
I used it on my k4 last year and it worked fine. I am looking forward to exo’s version though. Having it connect the same way the Nalgene holster does will make a good system even better.
I'd like to see what EXO have in mind.

Using the sling places the weight on my shoulder which can get old after a few days. Even with my flyweight rifles! I do have a thing that holds sling to pack strap very well so slipping is not an issue.

as.ks.ak

WKR
35c6ea6fc8eed2134e099052306f73e5.jpg

Unsolicited opinion here. But I have been putting my nalgene on a carabiner and hooking it to my shoulder strap webbing and letting it ride down below my left hip. And it never once has bothered me…super easy access. So out of the way you forget it’s there. Just something for those you you with comfort issues to consider. Costs nothing too which is neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.5x284

WKR
I go rifle in a gun bearer on right, and Nalgene and spotter left, generally tripod middle. Balances out pretty close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having not run a Nalgene before, what side are you placing yours? I'm right handed for what its worth. Typically use belt pouch on left side, Ivory holster on right.
I put mine on the right because I like my weapon on my left side (gun bearer for now waiting for exo to release their option for weapon carry) I will put my ivory on the right side as well but didn’t have the molle attachment on hand, so will swap the old exo attachment for molle on my ivory tomorrow when I get home.

I do think I will pack my pistol in a razco on my bino harness this year, they didn’t have a hellcat holster when I got it so the ivory was my next best option… razco offers it now, so I may leave my ivory on my k2, or mount it on my pop up I have turned into my steelhead pack… I have a whole list of first world problems to resolve 😂

I can say, the holster and Nalgene holster both on the right side won’t be an issue, but if you want to see it set up, I can post a pic tomorrow evening when I put it on there

SM1

FNG
Rifle on right, Nalgene holder on left.

But when bowhunting I could see myself switching it over to right side since holding bow in left hand.

I'm right handed so always left for me. Rifle in gun bearer right side

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

LoggerDan

WKR
I’ve never “ran” a nalgene, but I sure have drunk from one.
…..ran…. Haha