Exo K4 2200 - Feedback?

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Rokslide

I know they have only been out for a bit, but has anyone been using the new Exo K4 2200 bag? If so - What is your feedback? How does it compare with the K3 1800?

JSol

FNG
If you are using it as a day pack for your shooting utensil, tripod, and layers only, get it. If you want to pack a tent and sleeping pad, size up. It’s a great pack intended for day hunts and nails this use. I can pack my mid, outer, puffy, and rain layers in mine; this maxes it out perfectly for the stated purpose.

Last edited:

sivart

WKR
It's perfect IMO. The 1800 was a tad too small. The 2200 perfect daypack size. And the top pocket is a huge advantage, at least for me. I want quick access items in a top pocket.

I’m rocking an older k2 2000 and added the k3 hip belt and lid. Perfect day pack and I’ve done overnight backpacking trips with it. Perfect size for me!

I am very happy with my 2200, perfect dimensions and great layout, and low profile in the brush. I couldn’t design a better bag for my own needs.

I had the 2200 on my k4 from July up until last week (now I’m often packing spare clothes and rain gear for my wife and I) and I like the 3600 for most of my rifle hunting because I like having a lid.

When late archery starts, I will go back to the 2200, it’s a great bag.

They make it easy to switch back and forth too, love the simplicity of the whole system.

Jdub

FNG
They missed the mark with the interior pleats on the side pockets IMO.
I agree here. I’m not a spotting scope toter, and if I try to store other things here, they tend to accumulate at the bottom and intrude into the interior pack space. Just not quite ideal for the thick woods day hunting I tend to do. If you tripod and spot w/scope I’m sure it’s a different ballgame.

I agree here. I’m not a spotting scope toter, and if I try to store other things here, they tend to accumulate at the bottom and intrude into the interior pack space. Just not quite ideal for the thick woods day hunting I tend to do. If you tripod and spot w/scope I’m sure it’s a different ballgame.
I just don’t use the side pockets much on any of my bag, so I don’t really care much. I have never found long side pockets very useful.

I will carry my silky saw in there when I pack it, and pruners, and thermacell, but besides that, I just never really used them. I guess I have a contractor bag rolled up in mine right now, and that’s it

JSol

FNG
I guess that I’m the odd ball on the side pockets. I have actually found them very useful for extra clothing that you need easy access to. I am able to store my beanie, gaiters, gloves, glove liners, sunglasses all on one side and everything stays in place and “stacked” as long as I keep all the straps tight and the bag compressed. The dual zippers allow me to open it up exactly where i need to pull the item out of without everything coming out. I keep my wiser 3rd leg and kill kit on the other side. The pleats could expand outward but then you have a wider pack which isn’t ideal for thick brush.

The only thing that I think they missed the mark on was the bottom straps should have had buckles for attaching something to the bottom outside of the pack. I like to carry my sitting pad there but I bought a couple of field repair buckles to add this feature.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I just got one tonight. I have it set up with my 40lb rock bag strapped in as a load but I can't hike tonight, I'll start Tuesday.

I was running the rock bag in the crib panel all summer. When white-tailed deer season kicked in I had my saddle, platform and a day pack all stuffed in the crib panel, which worked fine, but now that its the off season I'm planning to use this new set up to train with the rocks but leave the pack on so I can take it on day hikes and adventures.

My first impression, just pulling it out of the bag was that the side pockets were odd but now that I've read this thread I'm sure I can find odd shaped items to stuff in there too.

I picked up an orange lid with this order. I'll probably put all the stuff in that or in the hip pockets and not put anything in the bag while I'm training.

Last edited: