Exo K3/K4 crib panel necessary??

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all. I’m thinking about upgrading to a K4 and looking at the accessories.
What are your thoughts on the crib panel being useful or not?
For those that have used it, could you have packed the same meat or equipment without it?
Would you spend the cash and accept the additional weight again?
Who carries meat without one and what are your thoughts?
Appreciate all input.
Jason

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
I recently purchased the crib for a Maui hunt. I ran it with a few pouches and a bladder and lid. Before the crib I was running the 3600 bag and a lid. I don’t think the meat hauling capacity for me would have changed between the two setups. I enjoyed ditching the bag and going lightweight YMMV.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I upgraded to the K4 and I use the crib panel. I like it for a couple reasons. Training is the primary.

I’m a whitetail hunter in the SE. It helps me carry out meat better and keep some of the blood off my bag so I can go back hunting again. I’ve also used the crib panel to carry out a field dressed deer. I just tied its legs together and wrapped it up with the panel.

I use it with the lid to carry out deer after I’ve dropped off my stand at the truck and changed clothes.

6.5x284

WKR
I use the crib for training but take it off hunting. I leave it in the truck though and if I had a second load of meat I’d remove the pack and throw the crib on for the remaining trips and just run the hip belt side pouches and Nalgene holder for the remaining trips. I’m a weight weanie so that weight comes off while hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNDEER

WKR
I have always been a crib guy because it allows me to get the meat higher up the frame then down at the bottom. The K2 was perfect for that. I was not pleased with the crib on the K4 as it is too long for my liking. I have it and use it because it will keep the load a little above what the bag and frame do, but not by much unless you have a large load, then I can get it higher up the frame.

TheTone

WKR
I think I’ve carried one load without it and most with it. I like it. For me it keeps things more packed in and supported. I keep mine attached all the time and plan to dump the main bag and use just the crib and maybe lid for meat trips after the first load. Haven’t had that scenario yet as all I’ve packed with mine were turkeys, a couple deer where I had others with me and a javelina. I’m using a k3

Dunky

WKR
Same as above. I hunt without it and it carries meat fine without. Take off the bag and use the crib only for second load, etc.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I agree that its great for training. I found it more easy to train with various weights so it was easier to put it all in my pack but between last years training and this years i noticed the attachment piece at the bottom of the frame has started to rub thinner. if you'd like a picture to better understand what i'm struggling to describe let me know. haha
so I prefer the bag but switched to the crib to have less wear and tear on the bag.

Hey all. I’m thinking about upgrading to a K4 and looking at the accessories.
What are your thoughts on the crib panel being useful or not?
For those that have used it, could you have packed the same meat or equipment without it?
Would you spend the cash and accept the additional weight again?
Who carries meat without one and what are your thoughts?
Appreciate all input.
Jason
It’s a handy useful accessory, especially for training, but certainly not necessary. I have never used a crib for meat on any of my exo packs, and likely never will unless I set up a crib with pockets as a day pack in the future or buy a tall frame for a load hauler only

I have nothing against using a crib for meat, but it’s very easy to securely and quickly load meat without one, so I don’t mess with it

JFK

WKR
I have a k4 and the crib panel stays on at all times. It weighs nothing, can train with it, and I think it does a better job capturing the load versus the bag alone. As someone else said above, it would be better if they made the lower attachment points to the frame higher up. But it still keeps the load higher than with the bag alone.

huntsd

WKR
I use the crib for training but take it off hunting. I leave it in the truck though and if I had a second load of meat I’d remove the pack and throw the crib on for the remaining trips and just run the hip belt side pouches and Nalgene holder for the remaining trips. I’m a weight weanie so that weight comes off while hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this 100%