EXO K3 4800 for mountain and saddle hunting?

ClydeM

FNG
I am looking to get the K3 4800 for a hunting pack. I do “boots on the ground” mountain bear and hog hunting, which it looks perfect for. About half of my hunting is whitetail saddle hunting, and i’m wondering how the pack works for packing a saddle platform and climbing sticks between the bag and the frame(where you would also haul meat

I use my K3 4800 for saddle hunting, but I’m a DRT guy at the moment. I get the platform, rope, saddle, and a couple extra layers in the pack no problem. I usually run it without a lid and with the top rolled down about as far as it will go, and it’s great.

Attachments

• 146C6238-4972-44A3-B428-2367A69870A1.jpeg
    146C6238-4972-44A3-B428-2367A69870A1.jpeg
    729.7 KB · Views: 100
OP
C

ClydeM

FNG
I use my K3 4800 for saddle hunting, but I’m a DRT guy at the moment. I get the platform, rope, saddle, and a couple extra layers in the pack no problem. I usually run it without a lid and with the top rolled down about as far as it will go, and it’s great.
thanks; i never thought about putting my platform inside, but i would have more than enough room for it to fit

thanks; i never thought about putting my platform inside, but i would have more than enough room for it to fit
I have a Tethrd Preadator. It fits really nicely at the top of the bag all the way against the frame. I put the rope and saddle on top of it.

150plusB&C

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried to have a multiple packs but inevitably I always go to my exo. I use mine for everything. Other than not very quiet no complaints. It will carry more than you can. You will not be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
I strapped my platform and stick to the back of the bag. I don't have the exo anymore but I would be worried about getting poked in the back or a weird pressure point from the sticks or platform.

jp08ee

FNG
I was wondering the same. If you strapped sticks to the outside, was it easy to keep them strapped tight to keep from shifting with a lightly loaded pack?

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I think the EXO 4800 would be great with a saddle stand set up. In a similar fashion, I’ve used it to haul in my climber. I strap my Buckshot Bigahot to the frame with ratchet straps and then the frame straps go to the bag. If it can work for that setup, then a saddle setup would be easier.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering the same. If you strapped sticks to the outside, was it easy to keep them strapped tight to keep from shifting with a lightly loaded pack?
I was strapping my stand and sticks to the outside and never had a problem. You can get it cinched really good. Last few hunts I was breaking my bag down and putting the stand between the bag and frame.

I used my exo 1800 with lid a few times this past archery and rifle season. The only complaint I had was how noisy the fabric was compared to other “whitetail” packs. I like having plenty of pockets to separate my stuff and their layout works for me. I stuffed all my outer layers and stand in the meat shelf and strapped my sticks on the outside.

Mike13

FNG
Very nice! Glad to see photos with this concept as I was hoping to use the pack for dual purpose. 90% whitetail saddle hunting and 10% elk eventually.

tracker12

WKR
I have an EXO K2 3500 bag that can easily hold a platform, saddle, and accessories. I recently picked up a 2000 bag and surprisingly it can do the same.