Exo K2 or Something New

Hey everyone question for the group. Pretty new to backpacking. Started coyote this winter with a Eberlestock Gunslinger. Day trips walking from stand to stand. I have always wanted to get into backpacking camping and hunting so I am planning a 5-7 day elk hunt this fall. I will be going out for some day, 1-2 overnight trips over the summer as well. Anyway, I have a line on used K2 5500 pack with some extra goodies for decent price ($700 CAD). Comes with the larger hip belt (I am a big guy), a dry bag, 2 hip belt pouches, and the crib loading panel. I have used my Gunslinger lots and really like it but I need something bigger. My question to those with some experience with packs is it worth getting a EXO K2 over something new like the new Metcalf ($850) or new Team Elk pack ($750)? I don't have a lot options where I live to try anything on before I buy.

I would pick the k2 over the other packs you mentioned, without question. The k2 is still a really nice pack, I have owned a bunch of packs and still appreciate how nice the k2 is (I have a k3 belt on mine)

My pack I currently use is the k4, and I love it, but I’m not getting rid of my k2.. it’s worth more for me to keep vs The money I’d get out of it

JNDEER

WKR
I would pick the k2 over the other packs you mentioned, without question. The k2 is still a really nice pack, I have owned a bunch of packs and still appreciate how nice the k2 is (I have a k3 belt on mine)

My pack I currently use is the k4, and I love it, but I’m not getting rid of my k2.. it’s worth more for me to keep vs The money I’d get out of it

Ditto to this. K2 was a great pack- if they made it in a 26” version and not the 25” I don’t think I ever would have needed to buy another pack. Run the K4 now

Love my k2 2000. I added a k3 hip belt, k3 lid, k4 rifle carrier. And I have an exo dry bag that I can store between the frame and bag itself if I need to pack anything extra for extended overnight hunts.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I would say the K2 out of those packs. It might be worth looking at a new K4 if you’re looking at spending that kind of money.