Exo Experience "through my lens"

OP
TBoschma

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to know more people’s experiences here but any time I’ve shot a magnum suppressed I notice a significant POI change from my cold bore to the rest of my shots.

I might throw it on there and play with it some just to see if I notice it with this rifle.

OP
TBoschma

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
with less than a month away from leaving for the Moose hunt I have narrowed down my rifle choice to the Seekins Slam in 6.5 PRC running 143 ELDX. this setup is fantastic and has been hammering. The rifle itself is the lightest rifle I have owned and is super packable. kuddos to Seekins their folder is money solid hookup, and I love that with a little forethought and machining they were able to make the folder collapse over the bolt!! ill get a better picture of it on the pack.

onto hunt tactics I have only spot and stalked moose in the past and plan to do much the same on this deal when given the chance; however, I know how effective calling can be after the 15th so I really plan to spend some time calling. I don't plan to make it complicated but have seen different calling videos.

Attachments

• fgdhjd.jpg
    fgdhjd.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 37

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
lets hear your thoughts on this Brock. am I a crazy person for taking a 6.5 PRC? or should I be going full blown Rokslide fan and hunt with a 22 cm?
I have never hunted Moose, but UM is building me a 6.5 PRC as I type this and I would most likely shoot a Moose with it!

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
with less than a month away from leaving for the Moose hunt I have narrowed down my rifle choice to the Seekins Slam in 6.5 PRC running 143 ELDX. this setup is fantastic and has been hammering. The rifle itself is the lightest rifle I have owned and is super packable. kuddos to Seekins their folder is money solid hookup, and I love that with a little forethought and machining they were able to make the folder collapse over the bolt!! ill get a better picture of it on the pack.

onto hunt tactics I have only spot and stalked moose in the past and plan to do much the same on this deal when given the chance; however, I know how effective calling can be after the 15th so I really plan to spend some time calling. I don't plan to make it complicated but have seen different calling videos.
regarding your hunt tactics I'm curious about the spot and stalk approach. Are you still going to be calling from the same area every day to try and locate the moose then put a stalk in or are you going to be mobile with your camp before the 15th? I'm heading out in 3 weeks for moose and I've tried the mobile camp idea in the past and I feel like I killed my area with scent but I could have just been dropped off in a poor location as well. We never saw a moose in 11 days. My 2 previous moose hunts we were able to call moose in.

OP
TBoschma

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
regarding your hunt tactics I'm curious about the spot and stalk approach. Are you still going to be calling from the same area every day to try and locate the moose then put a stalk in or are you going to be mobile with your camp before the 15th? I'm heading out in 3 weeks for moose and I've tried the mobile camp idea in the past and I feel like I killed my area with scent but I could have just been dropped off in a poor location as well. We never saw a moose in 11 days. My 2 previous moose hunts we were able to call moose in.
Wow, that’s a bummer. Yeah, I guess it’s all dependent on the area you’re hunting but there’s decent opportunity to see pretty far so I’m hopeful that a guy could glass and move in on them will be an option, but yes I do plan on doing most of my glassing from the same location I’ll be calling from, I’m definitely not a big fan of tearing up country moose hunting hopefully we can all kind of be on the same page there!!

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a great spot! I know plenty of people that do run and gun for moose and seem to make it work just fine, I was not one of those people sadly enough. I'm really excited for your hunt and I hope they make a video with it!